Director of Demand Generation at Drift
Office: Boston, MA, San Francisco, CA, Tampa, FL or Remote
Drift is the Revenue Acceleration platform that uses Conversational Marketing and Conversational Sales to help companies grow revenue and increase customer lifetime value, faster. More than 50,000 businesses use Drift to align sales and marketing on a single platform to deliver a unified customer experience where people are free to have a conversation with a business at any time, on their terms. Our mission is to use conversations to make business buying frictionless, more enjoyable, and more human.As the Director of Demand Generation you will lead the entire marketing team in defining the quarterly/bi-annual campaign planning process that aligns the content, creative and web teams on priorities for each quarter. Align with the digital marketing team in order to ensure messages and offers we’re using in our campaigns are also being executed through all digital channels.
What You’ll Do as the Director of Demand Generation:
Identify key levers of growth for each business unit and communicate these levers across the entire marketing team in order to grow pipeline, while at the same time maximize conversion points across the customer journey. Identify and outline the customer journey from awareness to justification for a new customer of Drift. Work closely with Marketing Operations and Analytics to pull insights across the customer journey of our customers. Collaborate with the product marketing team to develop marketing and sales personas for each business unit that clearly inform the entire marketing team the differences between what enterprise personas care about vs what Midmarket and Growth personas care about.
Manage the campaigns and ABM team providing direction on messaging and key initiatives that will power the outcomes required to achieve the revenue plan.Present to the senior leadership team on key trends we’re seeing across all business units. Create and manage the budget needed in order to achieve pipeline targets for each of the campaigns. Report back to the entire marketing team on what campaigns are resonating best with the market keying in on the messages we should double down on and which we should change for better outcomes moving forward.
Oversee the implementation and execution of the ABM platform chosen aligning with the SDR organization and the sales organization in order to increase conversion of leads surfaced to the team as well as existing opportunities to closed won business. Define sales and marketing alignment at Drift in order to ensure that we are providing relevant information to both sales leadership as well as the field of sales reps.
Build a staffing plan for the campaigns team that scales for future growth of the business in order to ensure
In the first 30 days you will:
- Learn the problems that Revenue Acceleration solves for Revenue teams.
- Interview and outline the buying process of 5 enterprise customers to learn the journey these companies took in deciding to implement
- Revenue Acceleration within their organization.
- Gain an understanding of the existing campaigns planning and execution process. Understanding how the team interfaces with other key disciplines within marketing in order to execute campaigns and programs throughout the quarter.
- Understand the workflow process across the marketing team to learn how the team is working well together as well as where there are areas of improvement.
- Dig into the data provided within our marketing attribution system to understand what is fueling growth of the business.
In the first 90 days you will:
- Have lead the team through the quarterly campaign planning process by coordinating efforts across the entire team including product marketing, PR, digital marketing and content marketing on expectations of what will be brought into the process to make informed decisions on how to plan for the next 3-6 months.
- Collaborate with product marketing to orchestrate the “lightning strike” for the quarter that is a coordinated effort and aligns with the product announcement of the quarter.
- Become familiar with the team you manage understanding their motivators, strengths and areas of development that will be critical to propelling their career growth.
- Built key relationships with sales leadership built on trust and transparency.
- Have an understanding of the types of offers and programs that are on brand for Drift vs those that are not.
In the first 6 months you will:
- Emerge as the thought leader on all things demand generation within the marketing organization and across the entire company.
- Build strong relationships with sales leadership, understanding where marketing efforts can be best utilized in order to help sales win more.
- Earn the trust of your employees so that they feel comfortable surfacing issues to you and knowing you will help them work through these challenges in order to move the business forward.
- Have a clear grasp of where the business is and is going and what the key strategic initiatives are that need to be completed in order to drive the business forward.
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
We know that applying for a new job can be intimidating. But guess what? At Drift, there is no such thing as an “ideal candidate.” We believe in the power of teamwork -- and in the desire to learn something new every day. We believe in hiring people, not just skills. Take it from our CEO.
If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please don’t hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you’re coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. We need your unique perspective for our continued innovation and success. We’re looking forward to learning more about you!
Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]