Digital Consultant, Search Engine Marketing
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
The responsibility of the Digital Consultant, Search Engine Marketing is to onboard and teach new customers how to interact with their SEM product offering from CarGurus, establish weekly/monthly checkpoints with their customers to review performance, ensure they are getting the type of service they expected at sign-up, and emerge as a valuable, consultative resource for any/all questions associated with the platform. Additionally, a sales-forward attitude, a high level of professionalism, assertiveness, and persuasion are required to communicate well with our SEM customer base.
What You'll Do:
- General account management of assigned CarGurus SEM customers.
- Analyze a dealer’s performance and consult on changes the dealer might want to consider to improve the traffic being generated by our SEM platform
- Become a subject matter expert on all CarGurus products
- Complete “on-boarding” of new SEM users to develop a relationship with the dealer’s digital marketing teams
- Proactively consult with dealerships to solve issues and address challenges
- Escalate issues to cross-functional departments (product management, operations) when necessary
- Educate dealers on how to maximize the value of the CarGurus platform by leveraging tools, reports, and best practices
- Utilize strong analytical skills to solve complex, interdepartmental/inter-operational issues
- Establish strong relationships with internal sales partners on the SEM and Dealer Relations teams to ensure a positive customer experience
- Effectively upsell clients who could spend more than initial budgets to improve results
Who You Are:
- 2+ years experience managing an SEM platform implementation for paying customers
- Automotive industry experience is a plus
- Experience with technology tools, specifically Salesforce, is a plus
- Track record of successful account management and consultative relationship development
- Strong sense of customer service with an ability to focus the customer on performance
- Bachelor’s degree required
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.