Counsel - Digital, Media & Ad-tech Partnerships at Veeva
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:40 a.m. (EST) on Tuesday, October 26, 2021
Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva’s software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day.
Veeva’s Legal Team is looking for an experienced digital or media attorney to support our highly motivated and collaborative data partnerships team in the US. This key role is new and reports directly to Veeva’s Global General Counsel. You will lead the group and own all aspects of contracting working closely with SVP of Partnerships. We are looking for a high performer who has exceptional communication skills and is adaptable, team-oriented, loves to learn, and operates with a high degree of integrity. The team offers data and analytics solutions to help healthcare marketing and commercial teams.
Positioned at the center of big data, innovative technology, and multichannel media, we provide our clients with insights to help make strategic business decisions and drive improved patient outcomes. Veeva knows that our employees are integral to our success, which is why we have created an inclusive culture where everyone can thrive. We are looking for someone located in the eastern or central time zone.
What You'll Do
- Work closely with Partnerships and business operations teams on agreements with a variety of partners including media owners, television networks, ad tech platforms, and data providers
- Develop legal strategy and provide day to day support. Solve complex business issues while putting appropriate legal protections in place to minimize risk
- Author, manage, and deliver agreements in support of our growing partner network. Including license agreements, master services agreements, statements of work, etc.
- Negotiate with external teams, and secure core concepts and policies in contracts, especially intellectual property, confidentiality, and data licensing/usage
- Own and maintain contract roadmaps, ensuring that all institutional knowledge is properly tracked, deviations are recorded, and develop clause library which includes standard language and previously agreed upon terms for use in future contracts
- Implement templates and processes to streamline contract development and expedite senior leadership review and approval
- Establish and build good working relationships with internal clients, based on mutual trust and respect, as well as knowledge of the company’s business, needs, and goals
- Experience working with media and ad technology companies with an understanding of the media ecosystem, including data rights, usage, and flows. This includes various types of media including television, video, digital and search
- Experience with different kinds of commercial transactions (e.g., SaaS, analytics, strategic alliance, IP licensing, software licensing)
- Familiarity with and interest in privacy rules and regulations within the United States, including CCPA and self-regulations from the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) or Network Advertising Initiative (NAI)
- Experience working on data and licensing for use in media
- Skilled at working cross-functionally and collaboratively with different departments
- Licensed attorney. Active status in a U.S. state bar (ideally where the position is located)
- 6+ years of experience in a reputable law firm and/or in-house
Nice to Have
- Experience with the life sciences industry
- In-house media owner or ad-tech experience
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]