Who we are
Drizly is the world’s largest alcohol marketplace and the best way to shop beer, wine and spirits. We’re committed to making our customers’ good times better – their celebrations, parties, dinners and quiet nights at home. We partner with the best retail stores in over 100 cities across North America to serve up the best buying experience, through offering a huge selection and competitive pricing with a side of personalized content.
We are more than just another tech company. There is an intellectual curiosity that occurs at Drizly. We have a desire to question, to understand, to figure it out. Bottom line, we solve it. We value not just the truth, but the process to get to the truth, to deliberate, decide and then act. Most importantly, we care. We care about our customer. We care about our company. We care about our team. And we care about you.
We are blazing a trail in an industry that hasn’t changed in nearly a century, and that doesn’t scare us (well, not all the time). - and even when it does, it doesn't stop us, it energizes us. Do you see yourself here? Read on.
Who you are
You're a storyteller. A character creator. A crafter of words. Someone who knows how to use their written word to build relationships, make good times better, and most importantly, move customers to action. You’ve got a great sense of humor and aren’t afraid to use it.
You get people, and you care deeply about the customer. You use that fancy brain and pen of yours to produce copy and content that they care about, too. You're a natural collaborator and work really well with cross functional teams (aka some other cool, smart people).
You're a believer in the power of brand and storytelling to drive business results. You're an experienced writer and content marketer that can write for a variety of formats. And you are super fired up to work for a pretty awesome brand that's changing the game in alcohol industry.
Ideally you have related educational experience in writing, communications and/or marketing with 3+ years experience working with a brand team or marketing organization, preferably in eCommerce or on the agency side. We’d be really impressed if you have some familiarity with SEO, UX, and/or CRM.
What the role is
In this Copywriter role, you’ll play an integral role on the Brand team, bringing the Drizly brand to life in written format across a number of mediums and customer sets. How you’ll know you’ve been successful? Anyone could read your words anywhere and know that they’re Drizly. Customers are saying things like “kudos to the copywriter at @Drizly for constant hilarity.” Your teams trust you and come to you for your killer writing skills and advice. You’ve elevated the level of writing prowess for the organization and your work has resulted in new and existing customers taking action.
Note: Candidates without a portfolio will not be considered. Let us know: Why do you want to write and create for Drizly?
In the role you will:
- Bring the vision for the Drizly brand, tone and voice to life across a variety of mediums and marketing platforms (i.e. web properties, apps, blog content, emails, retail signage, etc.)
- Serve as the owner of the Drizly voice, ensuring its consistency across the organization in major external communications
- Collaborate with the CRM team to craft weekly ad hoc emails and ongoing automation programs to support our existing customers Concept, write, and edit content for Drizly.com and the Drizly app that communicates the Drizly brand and drives users to purchase
- Play a key role in the concepting and crafting of editorial content that builds affinity for the Drizly brand
- Collaborate with UX and visual design partners on the development of cohesive and compelling assets, communications, and marketing materials that are on-brand and on-story
- Solve it. Come up with solutions, new ideas, new mediums that Drizly should be considering to build awareness of our brand, acquire new customers, and increase value for our existing customers
The Other Stuff
- Competitive salary
- One-on-one professional coaching with external expert
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible vacation policy
- Commuter benefits 401(K) Plan
- Added perks
You do you
Drizly is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status