Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
The Corporate Communications Manager for CA/Veracode will be responsible for driving awareness for applications security as a must-have category in information security, and positioning Veracode as the leader in this critical space through the execution of public relations and analyst relations activities. This role reports to the Director, Communications and Marketing Programs, and is based in Burlington, MA.
This person must be a creative, aggressive and vocal champion of Veracode and its mission across traditional and new media, as well as industry analysts and non-traditional influencers in security and risk management. He or she will work directly with marketing and business leaders at Veracode to develop communications strategies and programs and will drive execution.
The ability to evangelize new ideas and expand the importance of application security are key to success in this role, as is the ability to spot emerging themes in the media and analyst community that can be exploited to drive awareness for Veracode and its message. The person in this role must be comfortable with both traditional media (print and broadcast) as well as newer forms of engagement (social media). They will also execute on our industry analyst relations strategies, identifying the key influencers within the analyst community, creating strong relationships for Veracode, and leveraging Veracode’s technical and market experts to position Veracode and its offerings as category leaders.
Skills & Requirements
- Strong creative skills to develop themes, headlines, messages and tactics that get attention for Veracode in a noisy and confusing media landscape.
- Verbal and written communications to be a voice for Veracode in the marketplace.
- Love of technology and curiosity about its impact on business and society.
- Ability to manage external vendors for maximum performance.
- Strong persuasion skills to influence reporting and analyst perceptions of Veracode.
- Familiarity with industry analysts including preparation for analyst briefings, Gartner Magic Quadrants and similar reports.
- Natural cross-functional communicator and collaborator to ensure the PR, AR and corporate communications functions are integral to the overall Veracode marketing effort.
- Ability to present to senior executives.
- BA/BS and 57 years of experience in technology-related PR and AR communications.
- Existing relationships with information security media and analysts a plus.
- Willingness to travel.
More About Working at CA:
CA has earned scores of Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there’s a reason for that. Here you’ll have the opportunity to eliminate barriers for our customers and earn a competitive compensation and total rewards package – all while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short, CA’s fun, diverse, and fast-paced culture has put us on the map as one of the best employers in Information Technology.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.