Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva’s software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - it’s up to you.
Veeva is looking for an experienced Communications Director that is exceptional at media relations and storytelling. The person in this role will lead key public relations programs including all planning, execution, and deliverables. Collaborating closely with the communications team, CMO, product marketing, and market owners, you will roll up your sleeves to drive all content creation and execution, including media pitches, press releases, and bylined articles. You will play a critical role in elevating Veeva’s brand awareness and affinity with our customers, reporting to the senior vice president of corporate communications.
What You’ll Do
- Help drive global communications strategies and plans, leading product launches, creating campaigns, and executing across multiple channels.
- Tenacious media relations, building relationships to anticipate their needs, proactively pitching targeting stories, and becoming a go-to resource.
- Manage PR agency teams to develop new ideas for programs that raise visibility for Veeva and its customers.
- Thought leadership writing to help build company awareness across our commercial business.
- Collaborate closely with product marketing, customer marketing, and field marketing to create original content, edit, and proofread.
- Help repurpose and integrate content for multiple channels.
- Foster a results-driven mindset and best practices in how we work and operate as a global communications team.
- 8+ years of experience that includes PR agency and in-house communications roles
- Bachelors in Journalism, Marketing, PR, English, Communications or related field
- An exceptional storyteller that knows how to mine for great stories, and communicates clearly and concisely
- Must be able to simultaneously focus on the big picture, details, and driving results
- Track record creating thought leadership in the technology sector
- Strong strategic thinking and ability to influence at all levels
- Knack for translating complex topics into compelling, digestible stories
- Deep experience executing coordinated, company-wide communications strategies
- Superb organizational, project, and time management skills to meet deadlines
- Strong spirit of collaboration and proven ability to work across different groups
- Can give feedback thoughtfully and receive it gracefully
- Highly self-motivated and results-driven with a can-do attitude
Nice to Have
- Enterprise software and SaaS experience
- Corporate communications role in a similar size company or larger
- Executive communications experience with C-level executives
- Strong business acumen and quantitative analytical skills
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Health & wellness programs
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]