Business Operation Specialist at Klaviyo
In this role, you will report to the VP of Customer Research and Insights and partner closely with the broader Marketing organization to
improve operational efficiencies, ensure alignment between our programs, resources and our goals, measure and track resource allocation across Marketing and ensure clarity and success in achieving core metrics. As we scale rapidly and globally, you will partner with the Marketing group leadership to ensure we’re efficiently implementing scalable strategies and programs to improve all facets of the Klaviyo marketing and communication efforts. The ideal candidate is a strong communicator, organized,
intellectually curious, proactive in seeking solutions to challenging problems, and able to manage several projects concurrently.
If you want the opportunity to have high impact quickly across multiple dimensions, this role may be for you.
How You'll Make a Difference
- Support each phase of the marketing process end-to-end. This includes understanding the bigger picture and how it all ties together, pushing the various stakeholders (e.g., Brand or product marketing) on their plans, how feasible they are, the investments necessary and ultimately being able to measure the impact of each investment (time and money) as well as specific marketing tactic
- Oversee and track budgets, recommending resource allocation as necessary to maximize potential impact
- Support and eventually own the operational efficiency of the team. Develop scalable strategies to improve business processes and systems, with a focus on operational excellence, improving team effectiveness and efficiency
- Drive resource planning, structuring additional capacity in a way that allows ease of shifting when possible
- Drive our goal setting and quarterly review process, holding the team accountable to deliver results in a timely manner and ensure plans are put in place to remedy instances where we are not set to deliver on our goals
- Be knowledgeable about our technology landscape, understanding the tools that are enablers, the multiple purposes each can serve and how they need to be both interrelated and integrated.
- Partner across Klaviyo outside of Marketing (e.g., Business Insights, or Finance) as necessary to ensure alignment and communications
Who You Are
- You have 3-4 years of professional experience in business operations / project manager / consulting role
- You have strong communication and organizational skills, a demonstrated ability to partner with business leaders, and experience preparing materials for an executive audience
- You balance attention to detail with swift execution, including the ability to deliver on tight timelines
- You have a proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- You have a bias towards learning and constant iteration
- You are self-motivated and have the ability to work independently
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses using the channels they own like email, web and mobile. Enabling brands to leverage these owned marketing channels, Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company’s hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct, high-fidelity relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to Facebook or Amazon. In 2020, Klaviyo reached coveted unicorn status with a robust Series C of $200m at $4.15B valuation. Innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo does not tolerate and prohibits discrimination, harassment or retaliation of or against job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers or employees by another employee, supervisor, vendor, customer or any third party.