- You’ll contribute to our vision and mission by partnering with all functions to enhance Kyruus’ strategic possibilities with an eye to all legal aspects as Senior Counsel. You’ll influence our privacy, security and corporate practices, as well as our sales and account management, and our product development and marketing strategies. You’ll report to the General Counsel & Chief Compliance Officer and will sit within the Legal department of the General & Administrative division.
- You’ll help manage all legal matters for the business, with a scope of responsibilities that ranges from general corporate, commercial transactions, financings, intellectual property, litigation, M&A, to employment law. You’ll provide legal counsel to business colleagues on complex and routine legal questions relating to various business issues.
- You’ll be responsible for drafting, reviewing, and negotiating contracts relating to products, services, software licensing/subscriptions, confidentiality, BAAs and other areas to optimize value and mitigate risks connected with these arrangements. You’ll update standardized contract templates and manage internal knowledge management resources.
- You’ll prepare business agreements, correspondence forms and reports required for business development activities or compliance.
- You’ll review, edit, and approve all vendor and contractor agreements and work with appropriate departments on pricing negotiations as necessary.
- You’ll partner closely with Compliance, Human Resources, Technology Operations, Security, and Finance to craft, review, and enforce policies, procedures, and regulations as it relates to our people, our processes, and our products.
Respect: How You’ll Use Your Professional Skills
- You’ll use your Bachelor’s and JD degrees, and your 5+ years of experience practicing law, with at least 2+ years of experience working in a national law firm and ideally in-house corporate counsel experience, to:
- Provide excellent, consistent and culturally appropriate legal advice that moves the business forward while optimizing risks.
- Establish templates, policies, processes, and procedures that adhere to applicable requirements and expresses thought leadership, both internally and externally.
- Review, revise, and push to closure key agreements in a timely manner, with quality.
- Execute on legal initiatives (such as ongoing privacy initiatives or setting up a contract management system) by working closely across various functions.
- Help oversee management of outside counsel (as necessary) and the legal budget.
Empowerment: How You’ll Know You’re Succeeding
- You think (and operate) strategically and proactively to manage legal risk across the company.
- You remain curious and open to learning, and are not afraid to ask questions and invite discussion on matters, both legal and non-legal.
- You maintain a careful pulse on Kyruus’ culture and the impacts of legal initiatives that might affect culture. You strive to ensure that actions taken are in keeping with our culture and CORE values.
- You reduce and closely manage the legal review and contracting process as part of the Kyruus sales cycle.
- Kyruuvians in the Senior Counsel role can move in a more linear career path on the individual contributor track to an Associate General Counsel/VP Legal role.
- Kyruus also loves to see an internal transfer. If a linear career path is not what you’re looking for, you can work with your manager and HR to explore lateral moves to other parts of the organization as you continue to grow with us.