Employment Counsel at Klaviyo
Klaviyo is seeking a highly engaged attorney with a passion for all things employment to join our growing legal team. As Employment Counsel, you will work in close collaboration with People Operations and other teams throughout the company to advise on employment related matters to support a fast-growing global business.
How You'll Make a Difference
- Provide strategic legal guidance and counseling on a broad spectrum of employment law issues, including recruiting, diversity and inclusion, employee relations, performance management, leaves of absence and accommodations, wage and hour, pay equity, internal investigations, compensation and benefits, privacy, contingent workers and immigration
- Partner with our People Operations team to evaluate, develop and maintain employment and HR policies, procedures and guidelines
- Draft and review employment related agreements and templates
- Conduct audits, employment classification reviews and support other compliance efforts
- Provide guidance on training and education programs for employees and managers
- Monitor important developments in employment law in jurisdictions across the country
- Investigate and respond to claims, demand letters, administrative complaints, audits, and other employment related inquiries
- Support global legal strategies and work with local counsel to advise the People Operations team and management on international employment issues
- Manage employment-related litigation
- Handle other special projects as requested
Who You Are
- Minimum 8 years of labor and employment law experience
- Strong knowledge of Massachusetts and Federal employment laws and best practices. Knowledge of California employment law is a big plus
- Global employment law experience
- Working knowledge and familiarity with data privacy and protection laws, such as the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and European General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) a significant plus.
- Degree and membership in at least one state bar (preferably Massachusetts or California).
- Employment litigation experience
- A practical, business-oriented approach and excellent communication skills with the ability to distill complex legal concepts into simple, actionable recommendations
- High level of integrity, professionalism, intellectual curiosity and willingness to grow
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo does not tolerate and prohibits discrimination, harassment or retaliation of or against job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers or employees by another employee, supervisor, vendor, customer or any third party.