Dynatrace is changing the rules of software intelligence, so we’re looking for game-changing people. Big thinkers and doers that constantly push to the next level. Joining Dynatrace means being part of the team that has gone way beyond Application Performance Management and is defining Software Intelligence for the Enterprise Cloud. Redefining an industry is hard work and it takes focused, dedicated team players. Come get in the game.
Dynatrace is looking for a new Contracts Negotiator to join its global legal team, with a focus on handling commercial transactions for North America
- You will draft, review and negotiate commercial contracts, primarily for software licensing and related services, in collaboration with sales, finance and other business units; as well as other commercial contracts as needed.
- Primary responsibility will be for a portion of North America, with the opportunity to be responsible for Latin and South America, as well.
- You will respond promptly to legal requests from internal clients across functional groups, effectively communicating legal concepts that business people can use, and provide support to Marketing, Procurement, HR and other constituents in collaboration with and with support from other members of the legal team.
- You will support the continuous improvement of standard agreements, policies and processes.
- You will assist with the drafting, revision, and administration of corporate policies.
- Strong experience reviewing, drafting and negotiating commercial contracts, including but not limited to software licenses (SaaS and on premises), professional services, reseller and referral agreements, vendor/supplier contracts, and NDAs.
- Understanding of intellectual property, licensing, SaaS, revenue recognition, privacy and other legal matters that arise in the connect of commercial transactions.
- Strong commercial sensibilities, and ability to work closely with business people on their terms, and to negotiate some commercial terms as well as legal terms. Strong contract analysis, drafting and negotiation skills. Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- 7-10 years’ overall experience. At least 3 to 5 years’ relevant professional experience in core areas of responsibility, preferably in an in-house role with a software or technology-oriented company.
- Able to work and act decisively in a fast-paced, high activity environment; ability to manage and respond to emails quickly, and juggle multiple deals at one time.
- Able to provide quick, concise and practical advice consistent with Dynatrace business objectives and processes, while ensuring business needs are met.
- Team attitude that no job is too big or too small. Strategic and pragmatic thinking.
- Excellent judgment, attention to detail and ability to work both independently and as part of a team are a must; strong organizational, project management and interpersonal skills.
- J.D. degree helpful but not required.
- Expertise in Privacy or Intellectual Property, is a plus.
We offer competitive compensation, company-sponsored premium benefits, medical, dental, vacation/holidays, company matching 401(k) Plan, etc. Dynatrace is an equal opportunity employer and VEVRAA Federal Contractor. We consider all qualified applicants of diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If your disability makes it difficult for you to use this site, please contact [email protected]
Dynatrace participates in E-Verify, participant information in English and Spanish. Right to work information in English and Spanish. EEO is the Law/EEO is the Law Supplement.
Dynatrace provides software intelligence to simplify cloud complexity and accelerate digital transformation. With automatic and intelligent observability at scale, our all-in-one platform delivers precise answers about the performance and security of applications, the underlying infrastructure, and the experience of all users to enable organizations to innovate faster, collaborate more efficiently, and deliver more value with dramatically less effort. That’s why many of the world’s largest organizations trust Dynatrace®️ to modernize and automate cloud operations, release better software faster, and deliver unrivalled digital experiences.
We offer competitive compensation, company-sponsored premium benefits, medical, dental, vacation/holidays, company matching 401(k) Plan, etc. Dynatrace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities, age, sexual orientation, creed, disability status, veteran status, pregnancy, genetic status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If your disability makes it difficult for you to use this site, please contact [email protected]. Dynatrace participates in E-Verify, participant information in English and Spanish. Right to work information in English and Spanish.
EEO is the Law/
EEO is the Law Supplement. To be considered for this position, please upload your resume/CV.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Dynatrace LLC (Dynatrace) does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Dynatrace employee. Dynatrace will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Dynatrace.