Associate Contracts Counsel
Workhuman seeks an attorney to join the company's growing and fast-paced Legal Department. The Associate Contracts Counsel will work on a diverse range of contracts to support business goals while reducing/managing risk to the company. The Associate Contracts Counsel will report to the Senior Corporate Counsel.
Reporting to: Senior Corporate Counsel
Location: Framingham, MA
What You Will Be Doing:
- Draft, review and negotiate third party vendor contracts, licenses, and other legal documents and assist team with sales contracts as needed
- Coordinate with various internal stakeholders to ensure successful preparation, review, negotiation, and execution of vendor contracts
- Identify and mitigate business and legal risks in prospective and existing contracts and ensure alignment with company-wide strategic goals
- Ensure enforcement of the vendor contract review policy and vendor procurement procedures
- Assist with management of the company’s contracts, including contracts database organization and tracking
- Conduct legal research as required
- Legal due diligenceas required
- Other duties as assigned or needed
The Skills You Will Bring:
- BA./B.S. degree from an accredited college or university
- JD. degree from an accredited law school; strong academic record
- 1-3 years’ legal experience
- In-house legal experience preferred
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining high attention to detail
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and handle sensitive data
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Member in good standing, Massachusetts or New York Bar
- Excellent writing and proofing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Who We Are:
Culture creators. Visionaries. Innovators. Game changers and changemakers. A Unicorn or two … That’s who we are at Workhuman®. We love what we do because we’re shaping the future of work – and the world – through our people and global technology. We’re building cultures of gratitude and human connections for leading global brands – and that starts with our own. Here you can be yourself, learn and grow with some of the best people you’ll ever meet. Be inspired to do your best work, celebrate life’s most meaningful moments and truly experience the benefits of an award-winning workplace and caring culture rooted in respect and gratitude. This is the place where you can make a positive difference to colleagues, customers and the world every day. You might just be the next human we’re looking for – because all the things that make you human and unique are the very reasons you belong here!
Workhuman® is the world’s fastest-growing integrated Social Recognition® and continuous performance management platform. Our human applications are shaping the future of work by helping organizations connect culture to shared purpose. With a consistent stream of gratitude fueling unparalleled, provocative workplace data and human insights, Workhuman® Cloud is a critical software engine for global companies seeking to motivate and empower their people to do the best work of their lives. Workhuman® (formerly known as Globoforce) was founded in 1999 and is co-headquartered in Framingham, Mass., and Dublin, Ireland.
- Workhuman® is used by millions of employees across 160 countries.
- Our core values are; Respect, Determination, Innovation and Imagination.
- We are #2 Great Place to Work in Ireland for the 2018 medium-sized workplace category and have been named one of the 2018 Top Places to Work in Massachusetts by the Boston Globe.
- Check out our state-of-the-art offices in Framingham, MA and Dublin, Ireland.
Perks & Benefits for our Happy Healthy Humans:
- Comprehensive Health Plans
- Fully paid parental leave (12-week maternity/4-week paternity) effective day 1
- Peer-to-peer recognition program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter bus from downtown Boston
- On-site fitness center
- Wellness rewards and reimbursements
- Fully stocked kitchen (cold brew on tap - snacks and coffee machines as far as the eye can see…)
- Regular celebrations for employees, families and special guests