Technical Recruiter at Hopper
| Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:17 a.m. (EST) on Saturday, July 31, 2021
• Minimum 2+ years technical recruiting experience across the full hiring process from sourcing to the offer stage
• A proven track record of hiring multiple high-volume, high business impact roles simultaneously (ability to manage an average of 10-20 open requisitions at a time for software engineers, product managers, and data scientists a must)
• A sense of urgency to achieve hiring goals within deadlines, without sacrificing candidate quality
• Ability to communicate effectively and effortlessly with candidates and internal stakeholders of all career levels
• Excellent interpersonal skills, resourcefulness, and relentless follow-up
• Technical knowledge of different coding languages/technical stacks/terminology
• Doesn’t mind getting their hands dirty — that is, nothing is beneath you if it closes candidates and helps Hopper to grow
• Strong attention to detail in both written and verbal communications
• Fluency with Lever or other Applicant Tracking Systems, as well as various sourcing platforms (e.g., LinkedIn, Github, Stackoverflow, TripleByte)— you believe in meticulous candidate notes and know that excellent database hygiene leads to accurate reporting
• Excellent negotiating and closing skills
• Exceptional project management and independent problem-solving skills
• Ability to make judgment calls, be flexible and collaborate with others in a fast-paced environment
• Experience evaluating and managing outside recruiting agencies to supplement our own direct hiring efforts
• Basic understanding of equity and other company benefits / perks to effectively answer candidate questions
• Ability to understand and communicate the business’s current technical challenges to entice candidates who are driven by solving interesting problems
• Startup experience is a huge plus
• Fully fluent in written and verbal communications skills in Spanish in addition to English
About the job
Homes (vacation rentals) is one of the newest verticals at Hopper. The Technical Recruiter for Homes will be responsible for defining and executing the Homes recruiting strategy as we scale the team to build category-changing products. Hopper’s customers are savvy young travelers who often prefer vacation rentals to traditional hotels. However, vacation rentals often have the least flexible cancellation and change policies — a problem Hopper is uniquely able to solve with its suite of financial services products. The Technical Recruiter for Homes will build out a quality pipeline of candidates who can execute innovative solutions to ensure Hopper’s travelers get the best price, selection, convenience, and booking flexibility in vacation rentals.
Prior experience in technical recruiting is preferred. The strongest candidates will be able to intuitively communicate Hopper’s appeal and frame our benefits to potential candidates.
- Utilize your sales skills to entice high potential candidates to seek a career at Hopper and shepherd them through our hiring process
- Manage the full cycle recruiting process from sourcing to interviews, offers, negotiation, and close, coordinating closely with hiring managers and both technical and business unit leaders
- Build and modify the hiring process for each role to deliver a great experience for both candidates and hiring managers
- Achieve hiring targets and earn commission upon each successful hire
- Help build the Hopper brand by attending (and proposing new) conferences, meet-ups and events
- Partner with hiring managers to understand hiring needs and ensure the recruiting process meets, if not exceeds, expectations
- Think differently about how to source, connect and engage with passive candidates in the market through unique tools, sites and events
- Analyze key recruitment metrics to identify areas of improvement and provide data-driven recommendations to improve outcomes
- And all the usual stuff that you see in every other Tech Recruiter Job Description: review resumes, source candidates, manage applicants through our ATS (Lever), conduct pre-screening calls, close candidates, know our product, contribute to our solutions and be an awesome team player
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k
Base pay range
$105K-$135K USD plus additional $6K bonus per hire when exceeding 6 hires per quarter.
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience — talk with the hiring manager to learn more.
More about Hopper
Today, Hopper is best known as a travel app. We're going to do about $1B in sales this year and weathered the COVID storm better than anyone expected. We just raised $170M from Goldman Sachs and Capital One, and inked a deal to be the exclusive travel provider for Capital One Travel.
We owe our success, in large part, to a proprietary suite of data-driven and risk-based financial services that we have developed that complement a customer's trip-purchasing experience. One example is Price Freeze, where our customers are able to purchase a financial option in the app to lock in any price that they see, on any item, for as short as 1 hour or as long as 21 days with Hopper taking the risk on the other side of the trade.
Now we're laying the groundwork for continued expansion in 2021 by adding great people to our team who can help us compete with the travel giants.
Read Full Job Description