At Hopper, we’re on a mission to make booking travel faster, easier, and more transparent. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing travel app -- one that enables our customers to save money and travel more. With over $235M CAD in funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, Hopper is primed to continue its path toward becoming the go-to way to book travel as the world continues its shift to mobile.
Recognized as the fastest-growing travel app by Forbes and one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company two years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 40 million times and has helped travelers plan over 100 million trips and counting. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Webby Award for Best Travel App of 2019, the Google Play Award for Standout Startup of 2016 and Apple’s App Store Best of 2015.
Take off with us!
We are excited to welcome a Technical Recruiter to join our Growth Team in either Boston, New York or Montreal. You’ll hit the ground running to build out our technical ranks for engineering and data science, owning the full life-cycle process while adding your own personal touch on why candidates should be excited to work at Hopper.
We have some pretty aggressive hiring and expansion goals for 2020 that demand smart, hardworking and passionate folks to hop on board to source and close qualified technical candidates.
At Hopper you can have an immediate impact in a high-growth environment and be a part of a great and talented team. You will be joining our Growth Team: a 15-person group responsible for growing Hopper’s top-line through new user acquisition, loyalty, referrals, notifications and running our Carrot Cash incentive program.
Prior experience in technical recruiting is preferred. The strongest candidates will be able to intuitively communicate Hopper’s appeal and frame our benefits to potential candidates.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Partner with hiring managers to understand hiring needs and ensure the recruiting process meets, if not exceeds, expectations.
- Think differently about how to source, connect and engage with passive candidates in the market through unique tools, sites and events.
- Communicate effectively, timely and creatively with candidates during all stages of the interview process to make sure the candidate experience at Hopper is top notch.
- Help build the Hopper brand by attending (and proposing new) conferences, meet-ups and events.
- And all the usual stuff that you see in every other Tech Recruiter Job Description: review resumes, source candidates, manage applicants through our ATS (Lever), conduct pre-screening calls, close candidates, know our product, contribute to our solutions and be an awesome team player.
The perfect candidate:
- Has a proven track record in owning the full-cycle recruiting process and hiring technical talent (i.e. you’re a great recruiter and you know it).
- Understands deadlines and goals and can operate with a sense of urgency without sacrificing quality.
- Loves working in a super collaborative, high-tech, fast-paced environment and doesn’t mind getting their hands dirty - that is, nothing is beneath you if it closes candidates and helps Hopper to grow.
- Communicates, if not over-communicates, effectively and effortlessly with candidates and internal stakeholders.
- Embraces all of the fine details in both written and verbal communications.
- Is familiar and comfortable with Lever or Applicant Tracking Systems and LinkedIn Recruiter.
- Is located in, or willing to relocate to, any of our three main offices in Boston, NYC, or Montreal.
- Is passionate and curious about the travel industry and of course Hopper!
• Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
• Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
• 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
• Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)
• Easy commute with a paid-for public transportation or parking pass
• IATA Travel Agent Card for discounts in the travel industry
• Fully stocked kitchen with: coffee/tea, beer, bagels and snacks (both healthy and not-healthy)
• Team lunches, offsite activities and much more!