Sr. Payroll Administrator at Agero
Ahead of the Curve.
No one knows the road like Agero. For over 40 years, we have provided the safest, smartest solutions for drivers and the companies that keep them moving.
As a result, we have become an industry leader, providing vehicle manufacturers and insurance carriers with privately labeled state-of-the-art roadside assistance plans and efficient claims management solutions. Our Roadside Assistance network protects more than 75 million drivers each year, providing award-winning service that helps motorists in their time of need while building customer loyalty for our clients.
Headquartered in Medford, MA with operations throughout North Americavo, we are trusted by more than 100 leading corporations and used by 75% of the new passenger vehicles sold in the U.S. As a result, we have more information about cars and drivers than any other company. We use that data to continually enrich our solutions, maximizing our customers' opportunities while minimizing driver distraction.
This position is responsible for the end-to-end processing of Payroll and HR data for approximately 3,000 employees in the US and Canada. Reviews and implements internal controls and provides support on a variety of payroll and HR projects and analysis. This position will have processing responsibilities and ability to take on process improvement initiatives.
- Reviews and implements internal controls surrounding payroll
- Researches payroll and HR Service Center problem areas by reviewing current procedures and recommending enhancements to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and compliance
- Produces, reviews and reconciles payroll audit reports and prepares payroll records for year-end W2 processing
- Performs ad hoc analysis and review on department projects
- Responsible for running Payroll imports and reports on ad hoc and periodic basis
- Escalates issues to Payroll Manager on a timely basis
- Collects and reviews hours from the Kronos Time and Attendance system. Identifies timekeeping issues and works with local HR to resolve
- Enters payroll transactions in ADP’s Enterprise and [email protected] payroll applications
- Provides support and resolution on payroll issues to employees via email and telephone
- Provides guidance and direction to less experienced staff.
- Provides support to Benefits and the HR Service Center including performing data audits and participating in related initiatives
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Associates degree or equivalent experience
- Fundamental Payroll Certification(FPC) preferred
- 3-4 years related payroll experience
- Experience working with Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel required
- Automated payroll experience, working knowledge of Human Resources and Benefits as it relates to payroll and HRIS
- Working knowledge of payroll procedures and federal, state, and local regulations
- Knowledge of ADP and Kronos preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong MS Excel skills including experience with pivot tables and v-lookups
- Detail oriented, organized, conscientious, possesses strong written/verbal communication skills, and has the ability to research and resolve payroll issues as warranted
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills
- Strong project management skills, with experience in organizing, planning and executing projects
- Ability to work independently
- Interacts daily with associates at all levels throughout the company
- Individual must practice strict confidentiality, regarding Payroll & Human Resource information
- May require additional hours to complete tasks