Sr. Manager Benefits at Nuance
This position will manage and lead the development and communication of our Nuance North American benefit plans which are designed to attract, motivate and retain talent. This individual will manage annual renewals and open enrollment and retirement programs within the framework of Nuance's overall benefits strategy. With a deep understanding of market trends, they will identify enhancements or new plans to ensure the best employee experience and enhance Nuance’s reputation as a great place to work.
This resource will be expected to work out of our Burlington, MA HQ facility once we eventually return to working from our offices sometime later in 2021.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage North American benefits plans and policies and develop strong relationships with internal stakeholders and external vendors to ensure Nuance complies with all benefit compliance and notices and stays updated on new regulations.
- Communicate Nuance benefits and rewards programs and identify additional enhancements or modifications to current benefits and well-being programs to better meet the changing needs of the organization and its employees, in alignment with Nuance's total rewards philosophy.
- Identify and develop tools and communication vehicles that increase employee understanding of benefit programs and the value they deliver.
- Manage U.S. Leaves of Absences, including but not limited to FMLA and State-specific related leaves, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability and ADA.
- Partner with 3rd party Leave administrators to ensure timely and accurate claims processing and ensure HIPAA compliance.
- Stay updated with market trends to ensure our benefits plans are competitive and appropriately delivering value to our employees.
- Manage Nuance’s fringe budget and spend and partner with Finance in process improvements to the overall fringe process.
- Identify, assess, select and manage contracts, agreements and fees with vendors, consultants, and third-party administrators.
- Provide thought, leadership, expertise, and guidance in development of well-being programs.
- Manage various policies including leaves and time off to ensure compliance.
- Work with global total rewards team on various projects and initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree and 8-10 years of proven experience in Benefits
- Thorough understanding of legal requirements, regulatory issues relating to employee benefits plan design and process and wellness strategies.
- Excellent knowledge of retirement, compliance, leaves, ERISA, HIPAA, and regulatory requirements
- Proven track record finding efficiencies and increasing quality.
- Detailed experience managing North American Benefits plans
- Strong understanding of the current Benefits market best practices and experience initiating change.
- Strong understanding of compliance and the changing regulatory environment.
- Strong communicator and team player
- Strong customer service skills, highly organized and comfortable working in fast paced environment
- Customer Service Oriented
- Leadership skills - Recognized ability to develop and retain a team
- Exceptional influencing skills
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.