Senior Manager, Total Rewards at PathAI
PathAI's mission is to improve patient outcomes with AI-powered pathology. Our platform promises substantial improvements to the accuracy of diagnosis and the efficacy of treatment of diseases like cancer, leveraging modern approaches in machine learning. Rigorous science and careful analysis are critical to the success of everything we aspire to do. Our team, comprised of diverse employees with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, is passionate about solving challenging problems and making a huge impact.
Reporting to our Head of People Operations / General Counsel, the Senior Manager of Total Rewards will champion the overall design and management of the compensation, benefits, rewards, and recognition programs across PathAI. This strategic position is responsible for designing, planning, implementing, and communicating a comprehensive total rewards strategy program for the organization that will attract, reward, motivate and retain talent as we continue to scale.
- Design corporate compensation philosophy, infrastructure, programs, and policies.
- Lead the compensation reporting to the compensation committee and Board.
- Research and evaluate market pay levels and trends and participate in appropriate surveys to develop programs and pay to best attract, retain and engage talent and support strategies and initiatives.
- Establish benchmarking and market pricing standards and develop salary branding structures for job families.
- Manage and effectively plan for, communicate and execute on all compensation-related efforts.
- Lead the annual compensation projects such as the annual incentive process, incentive and stock forecasting, and total rewards statements.
- Support employee understanding of equity awards and Company programs and policies.
- Assist efforts to grow and scale the stock administration function, including but not limited to enhancing existing processes and evaluating service providers.
- Maintain supporting workbooks for internal/external auditors and respond accurately, thoroughly, and timely to auditor requests for data.
- Development and preparation of various presentation materials for the Compensation Committee and internal management committees.
- Set the strategic direction on employee health and welfare programs.
- Benchmark and advance benefit strategies to ensure the plans maintain comprehensive and competitive balance.
- Research and collaboration with health and welfare brokers and vendors to improve delivery of the benefits function and identify and implement benefits to help attract, retain and enhance the employee quality of life.
- Evaluate existing and proposed benefits vendor products and tools for alignment with benefits and wellness strategies and for ROI/cost effectiveness.
- Develop communication and education for compensation and benefits plans
- Design, recommend, implement and maintain a variety of Wellness programs.
- Oversee of leave of absence and worker’s compensation programs.
- Oversees and analyzes changes to state and federal laws pertaining to benefits and recommends necessary or suggested changes to management.
- Coordinates company benefits with government sponsored programs.
- Plan and lead our annual Open Enrollment process; including communicating new plans or changes to existing plans by preparing plan summaries and other supporting materials both in writing and for in-person meetings
- A minimum of 6-10 years’ experience in the analysis and design of compensation and benefits programs (or similar data-driven functions) is required.
- Strategy or management consulting at a top tier firm is a plus.
- Experience managing the compensation committee process and reporting.
- Previous experience working in the life sciences or health tech industry and a fast-growing company that has scaled their business.
- Background and experience growing, developing and building a total rewards culture.
- Experience with salary range development, job analysis, management incentive program design and implementation, variable pay program design and implementation, base structure, and benchmarking.
- Expertise with equity programs, multiple equity award types, and transaction volume preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally, in writing, and confidentially with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated data analysis, interpretation, reporting, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
- Experience developing and presenting analysis, strategy, and findings to Senior Company Leaders.
- Integrity in business, excellent communication skills and the ability to influence decision makers and inspire team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, Finance, or a related discipline. Or equivalent work experience.
- CCP (Certified Compensation Professional) Certification and/or CEBS (Certified Employee Benefits Specialist) Certification
*This role will be based out of our Boston office
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. Your compensation is rounded out by a strong benefits package:
- Flexible work hours, with work-from-home options available
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, an additional two weeks of sick time, plus extended holidays and team-approved leave
- Ten days of 100% subsidized childcare per year
- Healthcare, vision, and dental insurance plans (HMO or PPO), with voluntary add-ons available for dependent care, life, and accident coverage
- Commuter benefit available for public transit or parking
- Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll genuinely enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
PathAI does not accept unsolicited submissions from third-parties.