We’re united by a mission: to make the world a safer place. Corvus Insurance uses artificial intelligence to better understand commercial insurance risk. Our software empowers brokers and policyholders to better predict and prevent complex risks through data-driven tools and Smart Commercial Insurance® policies. This allows us to reduce or eliminate the impact of adverse events, creating a safer world for everyone. Drawing inspiration from the intelligent, tool-building corvid family of birds, we are a team of high-flying collaborative builders. We’re excited to meet you. Spread your wings, and soar with us.
This is a newly created position, reporting to the VP of People. In partnership with the VP of People, you will build out the human resources function for a software company that is experiencing hyper growth. When you join Corvus at the beginning of the year we will have about 130 employees, but by the end of the year, we will be at 250 employees with possible international expansion. This position will have direct reports in the future so superb leadership skills are required. To excel in this position, you must have a strong understanding of best practices in HR, and thrive in an environment where you are building most of the processes, policies, procedures and foundation from scratch. Strong expertise in employee relations, benefits administration, career pathing, and employment law are required. We are open to remote-based employees, but highly prefer someone who lives in the Boston area.
- In the immediate future, develop a comprehensive, legally sound, return to office plan for the employees who live in the Boston area
- Lead the implementation of a new HRIS (Paylocity) for Corvus in partnership with other key business stakeholders such as finance and IT
- Partner with department leaders to finalize and roll out career ladders, and internal career paths for the company
- Partner with benefits brokers to administer benefits, and field day-to-day benefit questions
- Roll out and implement an annual performance review process and cycle
- Provide advice, guidance and direct support on all aspects related to people management
- Hire and lead a team of HR Generalists as the team continues to grow
- Must have superb leadership skills
- Must have experience supporting the HR needs of a rapidly growing software company
- Excellent problem solving, judgement, and decision making skills
- Strong personal diplomacy skills with the ability to educate and partner on HR best practices
- Bachelor’s degree is required
Corvus provides a seriously safe nest for people who come from all paths. Our flock represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Although confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job, we believe there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Corvus is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day
Corvus is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation with our hiring process due to a disability, contact us at 857-259-3995 or [email protected]
Disclaimer: Bird puns are highly encouraged!