People Partner at Panorama Education
Panorama Education, based in Boston, is a fast-growing technology startup focused on radically improving education. With research-backed surveys and an industry-leading technology platform, Panorama helps school systems gather important stakeholder feedback and act on data to improve student outcomes. Today, we support more than 10 million students in 11,500 schools across 48 states, including those in the states of Iowa, Hawaii, and the districts of New York City, Dallas, Seattle, San Francisco, and more.
Panorama helps educators monitor how students are doing across academics, attendance, behavior, and then coordinate action to support each child. Panorama also collects data that is key to each child’s success in school and life, such as social-emotional skills, safety, sense of belonging, teacher-student relationships, and family engagement. Panorama has raised $45 million from Emerson Collective, YCombinator, Spark Capital, Owl Ventures, Uncork, and others.
About the Role:
Panorama is seeking to hire an experienced People Partner to join our People Team! In this highly visible and collaborative role, you will partner with Function Leaders, Managers and Teammates on all aspects of the employee lifecycle. You will support Finance, Marketing, Sales, Product, Research, and Design in directives on hiring, compensation, performance management, advancement and employee relations. By way of relationship building, you will build bridges of support, credibility and trust for your functions while executing on current people practices and partnering on the buildout of the People Team function. The work in this role contributes to the success of the overall People and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion strategy of Panorama. This role is currently 100% remote through 2020 and will then be based in the Boston office.
- Participates in leadership team meetings, staffing discussions and other people-related meetings within respective business units.
- Acts as a trusted consultant for managers, providing People guidance and action steps when appropriate.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the People Team and Function Leaders to develop, build or partner on solutions, programs and policies that contribute to the effectiveness, equity and success of the function.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation of established Panorama policies. Actively engages and partners with VP of People on the development of unestablished policies.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations, including the VP of People and employment counsel where appropriate.
- Partners closely with Talent Acquisition on the posting/hiring for internal and external positions.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Identifies training needs for functions, managers and/or individual contributors.
What We’re Looking For:
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational design, employee relations, DEI (Diversity, Equity and Inclusion), and performance management, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Demonstrated experience of building strategic functional relationships within the business.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (through writing, presentations etc.) with various stakeholders across multiple levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail, to balance multiple demands and competing priorities.
- Demonstrated conflict-resolution and problem-solving skills with a demonstrated ability to think critically about organizational structures and impact.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing Employee Relations matters, including experience conducting investigations.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- SPHR-HRCI or PHR-HRCI or SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP desired
- Experience with Google products
- Experience working in tech or start-up culture
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators, and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.