Payroll & Benefits Administrator
ezCater is the world’s largest online marketplace for catering – a $60+ billion market in the U.S. We make it superbly easy for businesspeople to find and order great food for meetings and events, and we help our catering partners grow their business. We’re backed by $320 million in venture funding *and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion.* Our mission is to power the world’s catering, and we’ll make it happen – even more surely if you come help us.
As we continue to look forward into 2019, we’re looking for a Payroll and Benefits Administrator to help us handle all this growth! This role will work with our Payroll & Benefits Manager to provide support and assistance to ensure that everyone at ezCater receives their paycheck and benefits in a timely manner. Additionally, this person would act as the go-to internal point person for all question pertaining to payroll and benefits. This role is a great opportunity to come in on the ground floor and play a key role in the success of a rapidly growing organization.
What you’ll do:
- Assist in the processing of bi-weekly payroll, ensuring that new hires, terminations, and compensation changes are handled properly.
- Ensure that commissions, bonuses and other types of variable compensation are calculated and paid appropriately.
- Make sure everyone gets the benefits they want; help us on-board new employees and get them enrolled in benefits.
- Work with our benefit and payroll partners and assist employees with their questions and issues on a daily basis.
- Play a key role in the lead up to and launch of our annual benefits enrollment period.
- Complete special projects as needed.
Ideally you have:
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and a willingness to jump in wherever needed.
- Experience processing payroll and handling benefit enrollments.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality around personnel related issues, employee/payroll records, and company information.
- An attention to detail and strong organizational skills are a must, as are good interpersonal and communication (both verbal and written) skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products, especially Excel.
- Experience with Ultimate Software a plus.
- 3-5 years’ experience leading payroll for multi-state organization(s) of 500-1000 EE’s
- Tech-savviness – we are completely tech-enabled, and you’ll need to quickly pick up our toolset and optimize our technology platform.
- An appetite for change – if something isn’t working, we fix it and then we fix it again.
- Friendliness – excellent communication and interpersonal skills are a must.
What you’ll get from us:
Importantly, you’ll get a tremendous amount of authority and autonomy. You’ll own your outcomes and see measurable results for your efforts. With ezCater’s *radical* transparency and trust, you’ll have open access to the data that drives our decisions. ezUniversity sessions will provide plenty of opportunities to expand your mind.
Oh, and here’s what else you’ll get: Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office in the heart of Boston, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.