Office Experience Manager
Who we are
BookBub is one of the fastest-growing consumer tech startups in Boston (and we’re profitable). Millions of readers use BookBub every day to find great books, and our service empowers thousands of leading publishers and authors to drive sales and find new fans. We’re expanding our team to address the challenges and opportunities of the publishing industry while continuing to help readers find books and authors they’ll love. Learn more about what to expect working at BookBub.
About the position
Our team is growing, and we’re looking for a motivated, detail-oriented people-person to manage our day-to-day office and inventory needs and create an environment where everyone can do their best work. As a member of the People Operations team, you’ll be a key resource for employees across the company, and the point person for all items related to space, supplies, and the office experience.
- Championing our office space. You’ll maintain the cleanliness, layout, and organization of our office, including kitchen and conference rooms. You’ll partner with department heads to design floor plans and oversee desk reorganization. You’ll also own interactions with building management and other vendors to address any space-related questions and concerns.
- Managing all inventory needs. You’ll proactively restock office supplies, order employee business cards, and respond to individual equipment requests.
- Providing administrative support. You’ll manage BookBub’s mail, packages, and voicemail. You’ll assist with meeting and event set up. While you don’t need to have extensive IT experience, you’ll troubleshoot basic tech issues, including conference room A/V equipment, and administer employee security and technology access.
- Serving as a friendly and approachable resource. As the primary point of contact for employees, vendors, and visitors, you’ll manage our reception area, field questions, and facilitate a warm and welcoming office experience. You’ll also prepare equipment and materials for new employees, and lead tours of our space.
Ideal candidates for this position will be:
- Collaborative, friendly, and personable; energized by helping others and interacting with a variety of people
- Passionate about building positive experiences and maintaining a high quality work environment
- Exceptionally proactive and detail-oriented; someone who loves organizing, handling logistics, building processes, and improving efficiency
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to manage competing priorities
- Positive, patient, and resourceful under pressure; comfortable working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing startup environment
- Excited to take initiative and bring new ideas and perspectives to the team
BookBub offers competitive benefit options including medical, dental, vision, 401k, generous paid parental leave, and take-what-you-need paid time off.
Your interview experience
Our goal is to create an environment where you can interview at your best. If we can provide any assistance or accommodations during your time with us, please let us know at [email protected]. All requests are treated as privately as possible and have no impact on candidate eligibility.
BookBub strives to be an inclusive workplace and we value learning from different perspectives. We seek to foster an environment filled with people from a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.