Manager, Learning and Quality at Hopper
| Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:15 a.m. (EST) on Wednesday, July 21, 2021
Hopper embraces a modern approach to learning and quality that brings the best out of our people. Our employees learn virtually and often asynchronously from all over the world, alongside an all-star training team to guide their growth and success. Our quality assurance program is equally innovative and completely powered by our customers. We build for the future using forward-thinking design principles.
As a Learning & Quality Manager, you will develop, manage, and lead the execution of the learning and quality strategy for the Customer Service team. In this role, you will assume ownership of all of our travel verticals or product groups’ learning and quality needs and work directly with those stakeholders to ensure your team is delivering timely, meaningful, and relevant learning programs and quality insights for our agents.
- Broad understanding of learning & development + quality assurance in contact centers
- Broad understanding of travel management (flights, hotels, cars) and travel agent functions
- Previous experience working and teaching remotely
- Excellent communication and people skills – listening, written, and spoken.
- You work easily with diverse teams and optimize communication when working with people at all levels with varying styles. You know how to share your opinions clearly, thoughtfully and with empathy
- Enthusiasm and curiosity for understanding business drivers and answering complex operational challenges with data
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong background working with learning and quality systems such as Litmos, Stella Connect
- Demonstrated orientation towards project management and process reengineering
- Strong aptitude for learning & quality analytics and business intelligence reporting
- Bachelor’s degree in Adult Education, Instructional Design, or other related function
- Implement learning strategies that drive performance
- Lead the team across four primary training missions:
- Onboarding (new hire training)
- Leadership Development (SLDP)
- Upskilling (new skills and recurrent training)
- Quality Assurance
- Guide the design and development of complex training curricula, materials, and programs, standard operating procedures (SOPs), including instructor-led, virtual, online, and blended to meet the needs of the business
- Guide the development and management of training and quality analytics in partnership with the learning analyst
- Assess facilitation and instructional design skills of your team, ensure adherence to training SOPs
- Reduce routine and manual training activities by identifying and leading automation opportunities
- Manage learning partners (new opportunities, implementation, contracts, etc.)
- Ensure learning tools leverage industry best practices (facilitator guides, online learning, job aids, activities, etc.) and align with common learning theories (Gagne, Bloom, Knowles, Kirkpatrick, etc.)
- Manage team projects through Jira and Todoist
- Experiment with new ideas—we are an adventurous bunch
More about Hopper
Today, Hopper is best known as a travel app. We're going to do about $1B in sales this year and weathered the COVID storm better than anyone expected. We just raised $170M from Goldman Sachs and Capital One, and inked a deal to be the exclusive travel provider for Capital One Travel.
We owe our success, in large part, to a proprietary suite of data-driven and risk-based financial services that we have developed that complement a customer's trip-purchasing experience. One example is Price Freeze, where our customers are able to purchase a financial option in the app to lock in any price that they see, on any item, for as short as 1 hour or as long as 21 days with Hopper taking the risk on the other side of the trade.
Now we're laying the groundwork for continued expansion in 2021 by adding great people to our team who can help us compete with the travel giants.
Read Full Job Description