Learning Associate at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Grubhub is dedicated to connecting hungry diners with our wide network of restaurants across the country. Our innovative technology, easy-to-use platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities make us an industry leader today, and in the future of online food ordering.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, take risks, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
We have a fast-paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our customers and our greater community. Want to be a part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
The Impact You Will Make
This role will provide the skills required to create & facilitate trainings, collect feedback from stakeholders & roll out schedules & communication. This role will help identity & build learning sessions.
- Schedule onboarding programs and related training events for teams
- Assess training needs and work with Learning leads, instructional designers, subject matter experts, and stakeholders to transform content into a compelling in-person and virtual learning experience
- Create effective content aligned with instructional design principles and adult learning theory to fill knowledge gaps
- Co-facilitate instructor-led trainings as needed
- Collect feedback from learners, hiring managers, and stakeholders on the effectiveness of the learning program and iterate and/or replicate as needed
- Communicate the training plan with the participants and measure outcomes from trainings
- Act as a subject matter expert by staying up-to-date on current processes, products, and platforms, as well as industry trends
- Create a supportive and conducive adult learning environment;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What You Bring to the Table
- Previous experience as a Training Facilitator, Training Coordinator or similar role
- Excellent presentation, facilitation, and organizational skills
- Hands-on experience with Learning Management Software (LMS)
- Experience with video editing software is preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of traditional and modern educational techniques
- Ability to complete the full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor, and evaluate)
- Excellent communication, oral, and written skills.
- A willingness to learn on the fly and be adaptable to changing needs
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a collaborative group on a variety of projects
- A degree in Education, Human Resources Management, Organizational Psychology, or relevant field is preferred.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.