Lead HRIS Analyst at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* to make a change?
Toast is continuously growing and changing! Our HR Systems team supports and enhances the employee journey by evolving our processes and systems as we scale. We’re constantly looking to maximize our usage of Workday but we also integrate with best-in-class tools. This role will support Toast’s use of Workday, leading cross-functional enhancement projects and also represent Workday when we implement and integrate with other systems. This person will also be our Workday data expert, acting as a consultant to the organization -- understanding the processes that create the data, how it is fed to other systems and groups, and how to transform it into actionable information.
About this roll* (Responsibilities):
- Act as Workday SME on cross-functional system implementation projects (ex: OKR tracking system, LMS, intranet, stock administration system, employee file solution, etc.). Collaborate with teams to advise on Workday adjustments in light of new systems and processes. Coordinate internal groups and external consultants on requirements, testing, go-live and post-go live support.
- Drive bi-annual Workday releases, including comprehensive plan for adoption of new features, regression testing for impacts to existing reports and integrations, communication and training.
- Evaluate new Workday features and products to determine alignment with systems strategy goals. Determine prioritization for roadmap.
- Create and maintain our model for Workday reporting. Collaborate with internal partners to design and produce customized dashboards, reports and ad-hoc analyses
- Collaborate on a strategy to sunset legacy systems, ensuring adherence to data retention and privacy regulations.
Do you have the right ingredients? (Requirements)
- 5-7 years experience working with HR/People functions, processes and data, with 3-5 years of direct HR systems experience; Associate's Degree or equivalent experience in a related field preferred.
- 2+ years of experience as a Workday analyst or administrator responsible for configuration and reporting; implementation experience a plus. Ideal candidate will have completed Workday Training (Workday HCM Fundamentals, Business Process Fundamentals, Workday Report Writer, Calculated Fields) or equivalent experience creating various reports and simple integrations in Workday (advanced/matrix/composite reports, dashboards, inbound/outbound EIBs)
- Enthusiasm for learning new technology, and a love of process improvement and data integrity; excitement for exploring Workday’s new features and using them to improve employee experience and efficiency; positive attitude, can-do mindset, and a desire to constantly improve and iterate
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (advanced knowledge of Excel preferred) and Google Suite
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong customer service skills, attention to detail, and outstanding organizational skills
- Collaborative problem-solving approach; leverages relationships and strong business acumen to understand not only the “what” the “why” behind requests; displays empathy for partner teams
- Experience presenting data and ideas to varying audiences (technical/non-technical; entry level through executive)
- Ability to multitask under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced environment; flexible and able to respond to rapidly changing business needs
*Bread puns encouraged but not required