HR Specialist at Panorama Education
Panorama Education, based in Boston, is a fast-growing technology startup focused on radically improving education. With research-backed surveys and an industry-leading technology platform, Panorama helps school systems gather important stakeholder feedback and act on data to improve student outcomes. Today, we support more than 10 million students in 11,500 schools across 48 states, including those in the states of Iowa, Hawaii, and the districts of New York City, Dallas, Seattle, San Francisco, and more.
Panorama helps educators monitor how students are doing across academics, attendance, behavior, and then coordinate action to support each child. Panorama also collects data that is key to each child’s success in school and life, such as social-emotional skills, safety, sense of belonging, teacher-student relationships, and family engagement. Panorama has raised $45 million from Emerson Collective, YCombinator, Spark Capital, Owl Ventures, Uncork, and others.
About the Role:
Panorama is seeking to hire an entry-level HR Specialist to join our People Team! In this role you’ll have the opportunity to learn about the various functions within Human Resources including recruitment, talent management, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI), Data Analytics, Payroll and Benefits. Largely a support role, you will be responsible for providing support to various members of the People team. The work in this role contributes to the success of the overall People and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion strategy of Panorama. This role is currently remote through July 2021 and will then be based in the Boston office.
- Supports the Head of DEI with project work, data capturing, organizing and analytics, DEI program and event administration
- Supports the Senior Director of People Practices on various aspects of the employee lifecycle, policy development, program, event and project work
- Supports the Talent Acquisition and Management Partner with Diversity candidate sourcing, job postings for internal/external positions
- Responsible for candidate experience which includes but is not limited to company onboarding, candidate scheduling and communication and internal operations cross-functional support
- Processes company bi-monthly payroll and documentation for, contractor, commissions and all other People-related invoicing
- Facilitates company-wide newsletter content, “panno”versaries and external vendor management
- Analyzes People trends and metrics under the direction of the People Leadership Team
- Ad hoc People Team projects such as HRIS implementation and L&D programs
What We’re Looking For:
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to present information to a variety of audiences in different formats (verbal and written)
- Demonstrated attention to detail and an ability to balance multiple demands and competing priorities
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team
- Highly effective organizational skills
- High level of accountability and reliability
- High school graduate or GED
- Minimum of 1-2 years work experience or 1-2 internship/co-op experience
- Experience working with Google Suite products
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators, and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.