Director, People & Culture at Cogito
| Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 10:16 a.m. (EST) on Tuesday, December 17, 2019
The Director, People & Culture is responsible for the engagement and success of all of our valued Cogicians. Using our four operating principles as the north star, the ideal candidate will design and manage all People initiatives and programs. Cogito is growing rapidly, and we are seeking an experienced HR professional who excels in an environment focused on modern, agile, data-driven practices and strategy. Cogito is building the emotionally intelligent workforce of the future, and this role will help set the strategy and execute on that vision. This role reports to the Chief Behavioral Science Officer & Head of People.
- Oversee and direct the planning, development, implementation, administration, and budgeting of all People initiatives, programs, systems, and tactics, including total rewards (compensation, benefits, reward and recognition), employee relations, organizational design and development, HRIS, employee development, and diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Hire, empower and retain direct reports supporting the above mentioned P&C functions.
- Collaborate with Head of People on long-term human capital and culture strategies.
- Action long-term strategies into tangible quarterly goals and programs.
- Collaborate with Senior Manager, Recruiting on talent strategy and talent evaluation.
- Advise management in personnel policy and program matters, making or recommending appropriate decisions consistent with strategic direction.
- Provide HRBP support to select functional leads, including Sales and Engineering. Partner and consult with these leaders to plan strategically and execute to meet the needs of the business.
- Advise on employee relations and work with organization to provide an engaging, best-in-class employee experience that enables Cogito to execute business goals.
- Analyze the effectiveness of People operations and policies; work with team to re-engineer processes as needed to ensure scalability, maximum efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Interview candidates who apply for management roles within the organization to evaluate culture fit and managerial prowess.
- Monitor adherence to internal policies and legal standards; anticipate and resolve litigation risks; partner with legal and security teams to execute compliance programs and initiatives.
- 8-10+ years experience in human resources/people operations.
- 3-5+ years experience leading a human resources/people team.
- Ability to communicate with equal proficiency to technical or business colleagues.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced start-up culture.
- Experience overseeing HRIS and ATS platforms (familiarity with Namely and Lever a plus).
- Demonstrated track record of helping to develop and scale a People team that is a mission-critical partner in the success of the business.
- Designed and built policies, benefits programs, compensation plans, feedback systems, and training programs.
- Ability to oversee the employee lifecycle from onboarding through to offboarding, including all supporting systems.
Your choice of comprehensive benefits for you and your family’s health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
Monthly catered lunch and live product demos
401(k) retirement plan options
Ongoing professional development and cross-training
20 days vacation time and 11 company holidays (yes, Patriot’s Day is a holiday)
Company paid parental leave upon hire
Competitive pay, stock options, and annual bonus eligibility
Casual dress and fun office atmosphere
Pre-tax commuter benefits
Stocked groceries in the kitchen
Office location in the heart of Boston with convenience to the MBTA lines
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Cogito is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fair hiring practices and to creating a welcoming environment for all team members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, familial status or veteran status.
Authorization to Work:
Applicants for employment in the US must be authorized to work in the US.
Read Full Job Description