Director, People & Culture
- Oversee and direct the planning, development, implementation, administration, and budgeting of all People initiatives, programs, systems, and tactics, including total rewards (compensation, benefits, reward and recognition), employee relations, organizational design and development, HRIS, employee development, and diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Hire, empower and retain direct reports supporting the above mentioned P&C functions.
- Collaborate with Head of People on long-term human capital and culture strategies.
- Action long-term strategies into tangible quarterly goals and programs.
- Collaborate with Senior Manager, Recruiting on talent strategy and talent evaluation.
- Advise management in personnel policy and program matters, making or recommending appropriate decisions consistent with strategic direction.
- Provide HRBP support to select functional leads, including Sales and Engineering. Partner and consult with these leaders to plan strategically and execute to meet the needs of the business.
- Advise on employee relations and work with organization to provide an engaging, best-in-class employee experience that enables Cogito to execute business goals.
- Analyze the effectiveness of People operations and policies; work with team to re-engineer processes as needed to ensure scalability, maximum efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Interview candidates who apply for management roles within the organization to evaluate culture fit and managerial prowess.
- Monitor adherence to internal policies and legal standards; anticipate and resolve litigation risks; partner with legal and security teams to execute compliance programs and initiatives.
- 8-10+ years experience in human resources/people operations.
- 3-5+ years experience leading a human resources/people team.
- Ability to communicate with equal proficiency to technical or business colleagues.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced start-up culture.
- Experience overseeing HRIS and ATS platforms (familiarity with Namely and Lever a plus).
- Demonstrated track record of helping to develop and scale a People team that is a mission-critical partner in the success of the business.
- Designed and built policies, benefits programs, compensation plans, feedback systems, and training programs.
- Ability to oversee the employee lifecycle from onboarding through to offboarding, including all supporting systems.