Who we are
Drizly is the world’s largest alcohol marketplace and the best way to shop beer, wine and spirits. Our customers trust us to be part of their lives – their celebrations, parties, dinners and quiet nights at home. We are there when it matters - committed to life’s moments and the people who create them. We partner with the best retail stores in over 1400 cities across North America to serve up the best buying experience. Drizly offers a huge selection and competitive pricing with a side of personalized content. That is what we do. Who we are is a different story.
We are more than just another tech company. There is an intellectual curiosity that occurs at Drizly. We have a desire to question, to understand, to figure it out. Bottom line, we solve it. We value not just the truth but the process to get to the truth, to deliberate, decide and then act. Most importantly, we care. We care about our customer. We care about our company. We care about our team. There will be long days and incredible challenges.
We are blazing a trail in an industry that hasn’t changed in nearly a century, and that doesn’t scare us (well, not all the time) -and even when it does, it doesn’t stop us, it energizes us.
Do you see yourself here? Read on.
Who you are
You are at the intersection of financial planning and analytics, and want to dive deeper into both worlds. You have a highly analytical mind with the ability to think through measurement objectives, identify gaps in data collection and surface trends to team members and management. You believe in the value of quick iterations and constant 1% improvements as a primary catalyst for growth. You understand what’s required for a balanced partnership and sharing of ideas, rooted in concise, productive and effective communication between the analysis you perform and the operational leaders that you support. You understand the modern data stack, speak SQL fluently and build complex yet elegant Excel models.
You help drive forward decision making in a data-driven way, even in the absence of complete information. You understand the compounding impact of building operating leverage throughout a business and you can quickly determine the key business drivers of any operation. You analyze and drive strategy based on what will make the most incremental impact. You have a strong bottom-line and business group KPI oriented mind and make decisions and recommendations accordingly. A track record of pushing oneself to exceed goals and consistently helping others to hit theirs through data-driven decision making will be a stand-out quality for an exceptional candidate.
While prior roles in strategy or finance is not a requirement, you should have 3+ years of highly analytical experience. Perhaps you have worked in consulting or financial services or you may have made an impact in analytics or BI at a high-growth startup or established company.
What the role is
The Finance team manages Drizly’s budget of revenue and expenses and drives strategic growth and operational investment tradeoffs between our people, tooling and outside resources. We use our uniquely positioned purview of “the numbers” to spot growth trends and opportunities to build leverage together with our operating partners and provide strategic guidance on achieving both short-term and multi-year visions. The Finance & Analytics Sr. Analyst is focused on enhancing the value of Drizly’s transactional marketplace and advertising platform. This includes anything and everything from user acquisition and retention, LTV maximization and advertising monetization.
The person in this role will be responsible for supporting various company stakeholders, providing them with ad hoc analytics support, surfacing insights and ultimately translating collective efforts into a financial statement forecast. You will prepare monthly financial and operational KPI reporting for our leadership team. You will identify opportunities to improve data collection and optimize the business, building models and dashboards to be leveraged by functional stakeholders.
In this role you will:
- Be deeply embedded with the leadership of our operational and tech teams, owning end-to-end financial planning and managing their full P&L
- Evaluate and analyze strategic opportunities, build complex defensible models to support decision-making and improve cross-functional process, systems and automation
- Work with leadership in the coordination and completion of planning cycles, including annual budgeting, periodic revenue and cost reforecasting and long-term vision planning
- Manage the monthly, quarterly and annual FP&A processes with systematic variance analysis, forecasting and scenario planning
- Build and maintain standard business forecasting metrics and dashboards for analyzing weekly business performance, highlighting trends vs budget and prior periods
- Provide leadership with insights into drivers of revenue and expenses as well as risks and opportunities
- Play a critical role with the Finance / Accounting team to architect Financial infrastructure, data flows and reporting to support future scale and business requirements
- Drive Drizly’s core business via process improvements
- Work closely with the analytics team to drive their roadmap of product and measurement improvements to the Drizly customer and retailer experience
Top candidates will have strong business and technical acumen as well as clear communication and leadership skills. Bonus if you bring technology proficiency across NetSuite, FP&A SaaS, SQL, Python, Google Suite or Excel.
The Other Stuff
- Salary Range: $119,000 - $140,000. Your compensation will be based on your experience level, skills, and location within the United States.
- One-on-one professional coaching with an external expert
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible vacation policy
- 401(K) Plan with Employer Match
- Added perks
You do you.
Drizly is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
BEFORE YOU APPLY...
We ask that you please remove all identifying information from your resume before you upload it on the next page in an effort to help us remove unconscious bias from our resume review process. Drizly is committed to cultivating an inclusive environment where a diverse group of people can and want to do their best work, and that starts with our hiring practices.
Identifying information includes your name, photos, LinkedIn URL, email address and more.
You must reside in the United States to be considered for this position.