The Global Commercial Profitability & Growth (Commercial Finance) Director position within the Commercial Profitability and Growth (CP&G) organization will be responsible for working with cross functional teams with a primary focus on margin, revenue growth, and operational efficiency across all assigned new and sustaining categories. This includes working collaboratively with key Shark category teams - Product Development, Marketing, Strategic Sales, Sales Analytics, and FP&A to make informed pricing, costing, distribution, promotion, and channel decisions that support the overall business goals. Reporting to the SVP of Commercial operations and profitability, this position is part of a dynamic team that works in a fast-paced environment, where attention to detail and an ability to partner with the key business leaders are crucial to success.
This role will require coming into our Needham, MA office in a hybrid model to meet with the business and build relationships 2-3 days per week.
- Drive P&L reviews for assigned categories with cross-functional teams – finance, marketing, product, and sales.
- Evaluate the health of the P&L and recommend action items to ensure we deliver the revenue and margin goal for each category.
- Analyze the P&L against the annual budget and ensure we are pulling levers to deliver the budgeted revenue and margin rates
- Drive cross-functional discussions with product teams to highlight areas within P&L that need to be addressed from a cost/operation standpoint. Partner with category teams (Marketing, Product Development, & Sales) to support both standard reporting and ongoing scenario analyses to enable informed decision-making while managing rapidly evolving assumptions
- Analyze the new product road map and develop revenue scenarios looking out 2 years – highlight what needs to be true for the new products to deliver the growth rates and margin for the category
- Review P&L for every International Direct market (UK, Germany, France, Other EU, Japan and Rest of World distributors). Highlight risk to plan and recommend actions to deliver the P&L goals for each market.
- Analyze performance in each of the markets and work with the local teams to ensure we are on track to deliver the goals for the market
- Work cross-functionally with the business and FP&A team to develop financial models to support financial analysis and to drive the business
- Create analysis and presentations that condense complex topics into actionable information that is communicated effectively to the business
- Lead standard weekly meetings across a variety of partner functions and levels of seniority to track margin improvement initiatives and go to market strategy changes that impact margin
- Present in weekly/monthly executive reviews with senior leadership, as needed
- Identify and resolve people and process challenges that can get in the way of individual and team success
- Seek out opportunities to improve processes, connect teams and drive organizational efficiencies
- Ad hoc analytics and other duties, including special projects
- Manage a team of 1-2 analysts
- Bachelor’s degree required / MBA preferred
- 7-10+ years of relevant work experience in Financial Planning/Marketing Analytics or related field
- Objective oriented with a strong emphasis on business partnership and continuous improvement
- Effective communication and social skills, proven ability to partner cross-functionally
- Experience managing and building teams and ability to effectively partner with and/or challenge senior leadership
- Consumer products or manufacturing experience preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills required, especially the need to have advanced modeling skills in Excel
Our purpose is to positively impact people’s lives every day in every home around the world! We work very hard to provide our consumers with high quality, exciting 5-star products that make life easier. We thrive on passion and innovation, and are looking for great people, with great ideas, who want to build the next big thing and develop while they do.
At SharkNinja, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is vital to our global success. Valuing each unique voice and blending all of our diverse skills strengthens SharkNinja’s innovation every day. We support ALL associates in bringing their authentic selves to work, making an impact, and having the opportunity for career acceleration. With help from our leadership, associates, and our community, we aim to have equity be a key component of the SharkNinja DNA.
YOUR ROLE in DIVERSIFYING SHARKNINJA
· As a corporate citizen, learn and support SharkNinja’s Diversity, Equity & Inclusion strategy
· Demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion through continuous development, modeling inclusive behaviors, and proactively managing bias
· Explore SharkNinja’s DEI Groups or volunteer to serve on committees that organize diversity-related events and activities
· Participate in employee engagement surveys and respond as openly and honestly as possible
· Become culturally competent; take the time to learn about different cultures, races, religions, and backgrounds represented by your colleagues
· Ensure equitable experiences, strengthen inclusion acumen, and promote a culture of inclusivity and belonging that embraces the contributions of all team members
SharkNinja is voted 2022 Best Places to Work in Boston and 100 Best Large Companies to Work For. As a subsidiary of JS Global Lifestyle Company Limited (Hong Kong: 1691), a leader in small household appliance innovation, we are ranked in the top three for the 'Best ESG Management Company' in consumer necessities sector by leading international financial magazine, Institutional Investor, in June 2022. We strive to get smarter and are dedicated to integrating DEI in our processes, practices and policies. Some of our benefits include 4 Global DEI subcommittees, 8 Affinity Groups, 5 Business Resource Groups, Cultural Celebrations, Summer Half Day Fridays, Volunteer Impact Day/Activities, Mentorship & Coaching Programs more. Plus your first SharkNinja product is on us and you can enjoy discounted products throughout the year.
YOUR ROLE in leading our SUCCESS DRIVERS & representing our UNIQUE MINDSET
· Lead us to be “RARELY SATISFIED”
· Make things better each day; “PROGRESS OVER PERFECTION”
· Use your knowledge of our consumer, understand that “DETAILS MAKE THE DIFFERENCE”
· Deliver something great; “WINNING IS A TEAM SPORT”
· Be clear and honest, “COMMUNICATING FOR IMPACT”
Explore SharkNinja on our social channels:
SharkNinja's Candidate Privacy Notice can be found here: https://www.sharkninja.com/careers/candidate-privacy-notice/