Toast is a rapidly growing startup building the first all-in-one restaurant management software platform. Toast’s Android tablet based system helps restaurants operate more efficiently and connect with their customer base in new and innovative ways. For example, our portable tablets allow waitstaff to enter orders directly to the kitchen, reducing guest wait time and allowing the restaurant to turn over tables faster. This is good for the guest experience and good for the restaurant! We’re growing fast and serve cafes, restaurants, bars and nightclubs in all 50 states. We move fast and thus have lots of opportunities for career growth. If you’re passionate about your work and want to be in a fun and growing industry, join us!
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Program Manager (EPM) to join our fast growing software development team. This person will be responsible for the successful end-to-end delivery of multiple medium to large concurrent projects. The ideal candidate will have hands on experience working with software development teams, a deep understanding of agile management methodologies and the ability to coordinate complex, technical efforts across a wide range of internal teams.
• Work with product management to form and socialize project requirements
• Build and maintain end-to-end project/program schedules
• Establish committed deliverables and measure team’s success against these commitments
• Regularly report out on project/program status
• Ensure teams are adhering to Toast standards and best practices
• Serve as Agile Coach for multiple teams
• Coordinate cross team dependencies
• Work to improve process across engineering and product groups
• 5+ years software dev life cycle (SDLC) experience
• Agile fluency, experience as a Scrum Master and/or Product Owner
• Bachelors in CS, Engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent technical background
• Strong communicator and consensus builder