UI/Web Engineer at eClinical Solutions (Greater Boston Area, MA)
At eClinical Solutions, our goal is to leverage technology to accelerate clinical research and bring life-changing therapies to patients faster. Our industry-leading elluminate® clinical data platform is used by top life sciences companies worldwide to regain control of their data and provide meaningful analytical insights.
The eClinical Solutions Engineering team has true greenfield opportunities for software engineers who want to develop innovative revenue-generating products that are revolutionizing the Life Sciences industry. You will work on a team that is developing enterprise-level clinical data software. At eClinical Solutions, you will be recognized and rewarded for your ideas and accomplishments, all while contributing to the latest disruptive technology incorporating modern software architectures, data science, and advanced analytics.
Accelerate your skills and career within a fast-growing company while impacting the future of healthcare.
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
The Senior UI/Web Engineer will be a core member of elluminate product development team. elluminate is a next generation data integration and analytics cloud platform that enables life sciences organizations to optimize the aggregation, standardization, and analysis of their data throughout the clinical development life cycle.
The Senior UI/Web Application will be primarily responsible for the design and development of the front-end for core modules of the platform and will be involved in all phases of the software development lifecycle such as reviewing functional specifications, design, development, unit testing, code reviews and release management.
This position will report to the Vice President, Engineering.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Work with the engineering team to design, develop, test and deploy highly interactive and data driven web application
- Apply good technical practices and contribute to the application usability with a focus on user interfaces, user experience, scalability and maintainability
- Design and build high performance, web based rich UI applications
- Research and utilize new technologies on an ongoing basis
- Collaborate with Product Management and Software Quality Assurance team as needed
- Provide diagnostic support and fix defects as needed
- Provide technical guidance, training and support to other engineers
- Other duties as assigned
- Basic Science/Bachelor of Science or Master of Science degree in Computer Science and/or equivalent work experience
- Excellent knowledge of English
Professional Skills & Experience:
- Master level knowledge of the fundamentals of Web UI design and development
- Solid understanding and use of Git, NPM, UI Frameworks & Libraries (DevExtreme, PrimeNG, Bootstrap)
- Solid understanding of RESTful APIs and experience working with backend developers to design/consume APIs
- Some experience with Webpack, TeamCity, Octopus, Jira, Confluence, JQuery, Karma
- Minimum of 5 years of experience building elegant web-based UI for database driven applications
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser and cross-devices UI compatibility issues
- Extreme attention to UI specific details such as colors, styles, sizing and placement of UI elements and applying good practices to ensure consistencies throughout the whole application with a critical eye for pixel perfect design
- Solid understanding of good UX principles and the ability to apply the right approach based on the application type, user type and specific needs
- Ability to write optimized yet clean code that performs well and is also easy to maintain
- Thorough understanding of the fundamentals of software design principles, patterns and practices
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft technology stack, including C# and ASP.Net MVC is a plus but not required
- Proven ability to work independently as well as with other team members (Start-Up environment experience is a plus)
- Must be a critical thinker and able to analyze and evaluate trade-offs in making design decisions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good understanding of Agile Methodologies
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. Our management team is committed to the principle that employment decisions are based qualifications, merit, culture fit and business need.