DraftKings is a leading sports entertainment brand that creates the most exciting digital sports competitions and experiences on the planet. Our goal is to transform the way fans experience sports. Our mission is to make sports better – and make better sports fans – by bringing them closer to the games they love.
We are looking for a tech lead to join the DraftKings Engineering team. In the past year, this team added multiple new sports, launched new exciting features while still growing our traffic by several multiples. Every member of this team played a crucial role in the success of those efforts. What you will do at DraftKings on a daily basis is key to engaging an ever growing and extraordinarily passionate user base.
What you will do:
- Take ownership for the design, development, maintenance, testing strategy, and operations of API services written primarily in C# with SQL and NoSQL databases hosted in AWS
- Work with the business to define milestones and deliveries on short time frames (weeks) for new functionality and additions to existing functionality and then manage to those plans
- Be the “expert” for the entire engineering organization on the systems your team owns
- Be a team leader in design sessions and ensure the quality of the work your team does is top notch and aligns with DraftKings engineering strategy and patterns
What you will need to bring:
- Experience as “the expert” on a development team – you were responsible for everything from planning to delivering key features and then watching how they do in production
- Expertise with at least one Object Oriented Language such as C# or Java
- Strong relational database skills using technologies like MySQL or SQL Server
- Ability and desire to write automated comprehensive test suites at all levels of the Architecture, from unit tests to API level integration tests of services
- Prior experience helping scale a rapidly growing company is preferred
- Familiarity with AWS services and infrastructure e.g. S3, EC2, ELB, RDS and etc. is preferred
- Comfortable with branch oriented source control systems and such as GIT is preferred
At DraftKings, we promote diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.