At Perficient you’ll deliver mission-critical technology and business solutions to Fortune 500 companies and some of the most recognized brands on the planet. And you’ll do it with cutting-edge technologies, thanks to our close partnerships with the world’s biggest vendors. Our network of offices across North America, as well as locations in India and China, will give you the opportunity to spread your wings, too.
We’re proud to be publicly recognized as a “Top Workplace” year after year. This is due, in no small part, to our entrepreneurial attitude and collaborative spirit that sets us apart and keeps our colleagues impassioned, driven, and fulfilled.
The Technical Architect provides technology direction, ensures project implementation compliance, and utilizes technology research to innovate, integrate, and manage technology solutions. As a Technical Architect, you will significantly contribute to identifying best-fit architectural solutions for one or more projects, collaborate with some of the best talent in the industry to create and implement innovative high quality solutions, participate in sales and various other pursuits focused on our clients' business needs. This role is considered part of the Business Unit Leadership team and may mentor Junior Architects and/or development team members.
- Provide architectural solutions/designs to project execution teams for implementation
- Provide technology architectural assessments, strategies, and roadmaps for one or more technology domains
- Work with application developers, users, operational leadership, and subject matter experts to understand current and future operational data analysis goals
- Recommend modern technology stacks to meet those goals and help engineering teams migrate towards their use
- Collaborate with the customers’ operations and technology leadership on the future analytic goals of the organization and design a technical architecture to meet those goals.
- Participate in configuring the architecture and advise engineering teams on its efficient use
- Lead a work stream or act as a team lead and manage non-complex components of the work plan/project
- Utilize analytical, process, and/or technical skills to meet project objectives and deliverables that are self-directed and within project scope
- Must have a minimum of 12+ years of professional enterprise level Java coding and development experience and a Bachelor of Computer Science or equivalent degree; without a degree, three additional years of relevant professional experience
- Strong core Java and J2EE skills and well versed on coding, design patterns, and related frameworks
- Must have experience with modern frameworks and technologies inclusive of Spring Boot and Microservices development experience
- At least eight years of experience in technology consulting, enterprise, and solutions architecture and architectural frameworks
- Experience in defining new architectures and ability to drive an independent project from an architectural standpoint
- Must have 3-4 years of Architect-level experience in conjunction with team lead and management experience on enterprise Java coding and development projects
- Must still be hands-on with coding and development
- Must have strong API development experience
- Must have PCF cloud experience
- Must be open to at least 75-100% travel to the CST and EST time zones.
- Strong debugging, problem solving, and investigative skills
- Ability to assimilate disparate information (log files, error messages, etc.) and pursue leads to find root cause problems
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodology
- Experienced in Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) methodologies
- Sufficient depth and breadth of technical knowledge to be individually responsible for the design and scope of deliverables within a field of expertise
- Has led a small team in the delivery of a specific deliverable
- Mastered at least one technical discipline with strong knowledge in at least three major technology areas
- Possesses advanced level of business, technical, or functional knowledge
- Experience in complete project life cycle activities on development and maintenance projects.
- Knowledge and experience in developing software using agile methodologies
- Proven track record of technical leadership roles delivering solutions within defined timeframes
- Skilled in building relationships with clients and in practice development activities
- Demonstrated success in performing work and managing complex and/or large consulting projects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff
Preferred Skills and Education:
- Experience working with a globally distributed team and managing off-shore teams
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Certification in (Insert technologies)
- Experience with authoring, editing, and presenting technical documents.
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and recognition programs, including billable bonus opportunities. Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a great place to work.
More About Perficient
Perficient is the leading digital transformation consulting firm serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers throughout North America. With unparalleled information technology, management consulting and creative capabilities, Perficient and its Perficient Digital agency deliver vision, execution and value with outstanding digital experience, business optimization and industry solutions.
Our work enables clients to improve productivity and competitiveness; grow and strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers and partners; and reduce costs. Perficient's professionals serve clients from a network of offices across North America and offshore locations in India and China. Traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market, Perficient is a member of the Russell 2000 index and the S&P SmallCap 600 index.
Perficient is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performed by the employee assigned to this classification. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.