Team Lead (Tech - Mobile Services) at MassMutual
Do you want to be part of a team that encourages your growth, supports your ambitions and makes it a priority for you to reach your goals? Is helping people part of who you are? At MassMutual, we help millions of people find financial freedom, offer financial protection and plan for the future. We do this by building trust with our customers by being knowledgeable problem solvers and prioritize their needs above all else. We Live Mutual.
If this sounds like a fit, we’re looking to hire a Team Lead (Mobile Services) to join our mobile team.
Why we need you.
We’re growing and our clients deserve the best. As a Team Lead (Mobile Services), you’ll have an opportunity to lead the technology squad team while being hands on with programming and problem solving. In this role, as well as all roles within MassMutual, you will demonstrate accountability, agility, a dedication to be inclusive, a strong business acumen, and will show courage, even in the most difficult situations. We also highly value strong communication skills, a passion for learning, leadership traits, resilience and self-awareness.
What success looks like.
- Team-oriented, possesses excellent leadership competencies
- Skilled in mobile application architecture focused on digital experience patterns
- Strike balance between group leadership and individual quality code contribution
- Work with all levels of the organization to develop and define software development standards and best practices.
What your days and weeks will include.
- Architect and develop advanced mobile service capability (on prem and cloud)
- Work across the organization and with business stakeholders to resolve/communicate key issues, critical decisions, and priorities and manage expectations and delivery timelines
- Define application architecture strategies and approaches to advance enterprise application initiatives for cloud, API and digital experience
- Define and drive user experience and technical design concepts, partnering with the Product Design team, Enterprise Architecture, Data Science, and other groups across Enterprise Technology & Experience
- Coach and develop of all members of product-centric, cross-functional agile team
- Continuously develop and maintain knowledge of relevant products and services within the rapidly evolving technology stack
- Significant experience in microservice and API design and development including a deep understanding of how to architect reusable frameworks and solutions
- Experience in Java SE, Spring, Spring Boot
- Hands on experience with cloud technologies, ideally AWS
- Experience in container technology such as Swarm and Kubernetes
- Excellent understanding of current and evolving digital trends using the latest coding techniques
- Bachelor's degree Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Authorized to work in the United States with or without sponsorship
- Experience in AWS EC2, EKS, S3, Lamda, Cloudfront, API Gateway
- 10+ years of development experience
- Leader who have superior communication skills and has the ability to work directly with business partners
- Data-driven mindset, using quantitative tools and analysing unstructured feedback to inform the development of solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively present complex information clearly and appropriately handle sensitive information
- Able to lead cross platform mobile applications initiatives