Supply Chain Engineer at Formlabs
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
The components we source from all over the world are important to the success of our products and company. We must carefully balance our needs to lower costs while ensuring high-performance, reliability, and abundant supply. You’ll work with our suppliers face-to-face to expand the capabilities of Formlabs, directly improve our supply chain organization, and ultimately improve our products. If you are inspired by a passion for streamlining and optimization, we want you as a Supply Chain Engineer.
- Negotiating with suppliers on cost and maintaining commitments
- Work directly with our global supply base to keep our material pipeline flowing
- Identify and convert cost reduction opportunities based on solid understanding of cost drivers, manufacturing processes, and operations excellence.
- Provide guidance to internal stakeholders on supply chain health
- Lead the supplier selection process with inputs from cross functional teams
- Partner with engineering to improve specifications to ensure quality components and design for manufacturing.
- 1-3 years post graduate experience working in a strategic sourcing,manufacturing, or supplier quality engineering role
- Able to travel internationally (up to 20%) to visit suppliers for quality audits, QBRs, and relationship building
- Experience developing process quality plans, supplier quality audits, and driving yield improvements
- Excited to source, contact, and evaluate potential suppliers for quality, reliability, and capacity
- An independent worker and team player who is excited to work cross-functionally with a wide variety of teams
Bonus Skills (Optional):
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and GD&T
- Skilled at negotiation and holding suppliers accountable
- Expert in MS Excel or other data analysis tools
- 3D CAD design, particularly SolidWorks or Onshape
- Experience working with factories producing high volume consumer products
- Project management experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.