Staff Software Engineer at Acquia
Acquia empowers the world’s most ambitious brands to create digital customer experiences that matter. With open source Drupal at its core, the Acquia Digital Experience Platform (DXP) enables marketers, developers, and IT operations teams at thousands of global organizations to rapidly compose and deploy digital products and services that engage customers, enhance conversions, and help businesses stand out.
Headquartered in the U.S., Acquia has been named a top software company by The Software Report, rated a leader by the analyst community, and named a top place to work by the Boston Globe and the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future and we want you to be a part of it!Responsible for
- Influence and lead other product and engineering teams via quality of ideas, code and communication as a domain expert
- Drive deployment of new features or systems and the retirement of old ones, overcoming inertial resistance to change from customers and employees, in order to simplify product development and operations and increase velocity
- Diagram and document current and future architectural plans sufficiently that necessary stakeholders can understand how new technologies introduced will work
- Work in a DevOps focused team owning and operating the services you create in accordance with service level objectives you define.
- Working on an Agile Scrum team building shippable product increments that meet the goals set with Product Owners.
- Executes projects effectively and efficiently as a leader on the team
- Uses sound rationale for problem identification and decision-making, and can transfer that knowledge to other engineers
- Works in a collaborative and supportive manner with not only his team but internal partners through clean communication of complex, technical concepts
- Strives to consistently achieve excellence in work delivered not only for themselves, but for their teammates.
- Passionate about creating and maintaining high quality software with test-driven development, continuous refactoring and an eye for simplicity.
- Influences and leads by example delivering fault tolerant services in multiple programming languages, including Go, and Python.
- Comfortable under pressure and welcomes new challenges
- Very comfortable in the entire Linux stack, from configuration and management to low-level networking fundamentals like ARP, DHCP, TCP/IP, DNS, routing, iptables, etc.
- First hand experience running Kubernetes clusters at scale
- 5-10+ years hands on software development experience including designing, building, deploying, troubleshooting, and maintaining highly scalable and fault tolerant data pipelines and microservices
- Production experience in different programming languages:
- Go, Kubs
- Solid Linux OS system management
- Ubuntu, RHEL, Amazon Linux, etc.
- TCP/IP, Routing, DNS, load balancing, HTTP caching, clustering, VPN, etc.
- Experience configuring and running Kubernetes environments at scale
- AWS cloud technologies
- Automation of Kubernetes API for deployment of applications, daemon-sets, stateful-sets etc.
- Kubernetes configuration and management experience specifically using
- AWS EKS setup using terraform and helm charts
- Operational experience with Fluentd, Prometheus, Istio, Anchore, Falco
- Automation of Kubernetes API for deployment/updates/patching/upgrades of applications, daemon-sets, stateful-sets etc.
- Compliance experience in the web security space
- Firewalls, IDS/IPS systems, DOS prevention and PCI, HIPAA, FedRAMP, etc.
- Operational knowledge of Drupal in a production setting
We are committed to continually strengthening our people-first culture within our Acquia family. Acquia is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment for all. Our highly motivated team features individuals from a multitude of backgrounds who offer their unique perspectives, starting with their first project as a new hire to their 100th as a manager and beyond. For every step in between, we help Acquians grow by promoting a culture of continuous learning through mentorship, knowledge-sharing, feedback, and more.
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Interested residents of Colorado may contact [email protected] as it relates to regulation C.R.S. § 8-5-201. Information regarding benefits are linked here.