Millions of pet parents with unique needs visit Chewy.com looking for products for their beloved pets. We have the task to decide what products would be most useful to them and help them discover those products. How do we do this?
Meet Personalization team @ Chewy. We use best of machine learning techniques and continuously test the outcomes to simplify product discovery for pet parents looking for their pet needs on Chewy.com. Our exceptional multi-disciplinary team of data scientists, data engineers, software/front-end engineers and product managers work together to power personalized recommendations and product discovery for pet parents. Our mission is to make Chewy a trusted partner who meets pet-parents’ needs in an intuitively personalized and friction-free way. Our team has single threaded ownership of the space allowing us to decide impactful products that we can experiment, measure with metrics, and deliver to maximize value to our customers.
We are hiring Staff Software Engineers for our Personalization team in Boston, MA. In this position, you will build robust, resilient, and scalable platform that support real-time machine learning applications. Goal is to make it extremely easy to build, deploy, and monitor data-science models in production. Your work will directly impact millions of customers who shop for their furry family members every day. Engineers in this team focus on learning, and on working together as a team to deliver technical products that our customers love.
What You'll Do:
- You will partner with top engineers at Chewy to build reliable, scalable, and resilient micro-services to build machine learning applications for Chewy.com
- You will work with product team to build “platform as a product” – not just an infrastructure.
- You will lead the team to build architecture that scales well for offline, online, and personalized ML models.
- Conduct design and code reviews and raise the bar on engineering rigor and standards.
- Drive innovation through rapid prototyping and iterative development.
- Continuously benchmark yourself and the team against the best
- Set guidelines for evolving development practices, as well as mentoring junior engineers.
- Work with a team of awesome people who are passionate about personalization.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in Software Engineering or equivalent
- 8+years of experience in object-oriented language like Java and related ecosystems like Spring Boot
- Passion for writing code and delivering working software iteratively; You’ll spend significant amount of time creating frameworks to help the business/teams build ml applications faster
- Experience designing, building and deploying scalable, resilient, and highly available distributed systems
- Strong in CS fundamentals: OO/System Design, data Structures, algorithms, problem solving, complexity analysis
- Experience with Sprint Boot, Docker containers, CI/CD, and developing and deploying RESTful services in production
- Experience with AWS Services (ECS, DynamoDB, Redis, Kinesis, etc)
- Desire to learn and pickup new technologies easily
- Position may require travel
- Experience in e-commerce building personalized applications.
- Experience with ML Services in AWS (Sage Maker, Personalization)
- Experience building platform (like Sage Maker) that can host ML applications
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected]