Staff Software Engineer (Backend)
Greater Boston Area
Join the Plastiq Engineering team at a time of rapid growth!
Role at a glance
We are seeking a talented Staff Software Engineer (Backend) to add to our Shared Services Engineering Team. Our shared services team is responsible for our core API used by our internal product teams as well as third parties, making the work variable, exciting and highly collaborative.
What you’ll do
- Work as a key contributor to our new distributed Payments Platform
- Design and development of microservices that serves our entire organization
- Hands-on development of code, complete with automated tests that are scalable and maintainable
- Participate in agile rituals, working within a distributed development team
- Perform code reviews with helpful and meaningful feedback for your teammates
- Research, document and recommend potential solutions around future product features
- Work collaboratively across the engineering department to ensure standard methodologies and processes are followed
- Have a say in future direction of technologies and best practices
Who we’re looking for
- 7+ years of relevant experience, a strong CS background and a track record of running large systems in a production environment
- Strong development skills in Node.js (Java experience is a plus)
- Deep understanding of REST API design
- Experience with cloud computing platforms like AWS, and cloud deployment frameworks like Serverless or similar
- Experience with concurrency, multi-threading and event-driven architectures
- Experience and familiarity with Continuous Integration
- Experience with Microservices and Containerization a plus
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL)
- Experience in delivering results in cross-functional projects
- Desire to work with colleagues as a team
- You learn quickly, and you’re adaptable and versatile
- You like multitasking, potentially on different stacks
Benefits and Perks:
- Full healthcare coverage, premiums covered at 100% for employees and 75% for their families
- 12 weeks of paid leave for the birth or adoption of a child and phased-in return to work for those who have given birth
- Catered lunch, 3 days a week, and lots of yummy snacks
- Compensation includes salary and attractive equity in the form of stock options
- For Exempt employees, there’s no policy on vacation. Take paid time away to recharge and stay at peak productivity.
- Flexible work from home, we love people collaborating in our Boston & San Francisco offices but also support people working from home whenever they need to
- Travel, we encourage engineers to travel to the engineering office which isn’t their home base ( Boston or San Francisco) once a quarter, if it works from them and their families
- Be part of a company excited to be doing something truly innovative
A little bit about us
To learn more about our team and how we operate, see our Engineering Blog. To learn more about our culture, visit https://www.keyvalues.com/plastiq.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description