We’re an international agtech startup pioneering an ambitious mission in a budding industry where agriculture meets technology. Through the use of data-driven insights, natural microbiology, and innovative digital technologies, Indigo is partnering across the supply chain, ultimately cultivating a scalable climate solution and enhanced ecosystem that beneficially serves farmers, consumers, and the planet alike.
Our mission is unique, and therefore our teams are too: from multigenerational farming experts, who understand the land as though it were an extension of themselves, to cutting-edge technologists and scientists on the frontier of innovation, our teams are a reflection of the range of the stakeholders we serve: the Earth, the Farmer, and the Consumer. Indigo is extraordinary, and we owe that to the individuals who make up our community and enable success through diversity of thought, experience, background, perspective, race, sexuality, gender, age, and everything else that makes a person uniquely themselves. Connected by a common vision and empowered by diversity, we aren’t ordinary, and neither are you. Embrace your extraordinary and join Indigo in cultivating a healthier planet fueled by unique game changers.Title:
Staff Front End Software Engineer, Marketplace InsightsDescription:
As a Staff Front End Software Engineer for the Marketplace Insights team, you will collaborate with designers, product managers, and data scientists to craft innovative insights that will enable our Marketplace growers and buyers to make better decisions. Each day you will build compelling maps, charts, and other data visualizations; mentoring peers, and shipping features that delight our users.We look for a track record of the following:
- Lead projects end to end, from design to implementation to deployment to production support, communicating any risks and issues to stakeholders.
- Collaborate with product managers, front-end engineers, and data science engineers to spec, build, test and deploy high quality code in the cloud.
- Promote applicable design patterns, refactoring code where necessary to maintain organizational consistency.
- Expertly review code, receive code reviews, and mentor other engineers.
- Voice your expertise to provide technical constraints and solutions to product managers, with a focus on incremental delivery.
- Work in a fast paced environment with a fluid roadmap.
- You’re an engineer with deep experience building responsive web apps.
- You have extensive experience with React,Typescript, and Next.js.
- You care deeply about performance, usability, and accessibility.
- You have experience building complex maps using Mapbox GL or similar tools.
- You have experience building complex charts using Highcharts or similar tools.
- You appreciate engaging and usable design, and sweat the details.
- You're comfortable collaborating with teams to discuss technical and usability trade-offs.
- You strive to create fast, reliable, and documented code that others can understand.
- You bring a positive attitude, a sense of humor, and self awareness.
- You are passionate about innovation and pushing the limits of web experiences.
We’re building the technology to feed the world and fight climate change. We believe that through teamwork we can achieve more to benefit all of agriculture: from farmers to consumers to the planet.
Game changers don't fit in a box. The requirements listed above are examples of what we think enables success in this role, but we recognize the impossibility of fully capturing a singularly perfect description, and we believe in the power of diversified and creative displays of skills and qualifications. We embrace unconventional. We embrace creativity. We embrace a challenge to the status quo. If the specifications in the list above aren’t an exact match… great! Apply, be you, and be proud that you aren’t ordinary (we certainly aren’t!).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Benefits:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Generous time off
- Parental leave
- A remote-first organization with flexible work hours
- Catered Lunches
- Commuter benefits
- 401(k) plan