Staff Backend Engineer, Carbon at Indigo
Does fighting climate change through regenerative farming practices at scale sound interesting to you?
We are looking for a Staff Backend Engineer to join our Credit Production Team. In this role, you will provide hands-on technical expertise in scaling our carbon and data models, and continue building robust and dependable data pipelines. We are committed to crafting and maintaining trustworthy applications that help our growers move towards better, more efficient agricultural practices. This is a great opportunity to be part of carbon credits generation using the latest tech stack and making a tangible impact on climate change in the process.
Through the use of data-driven insights, natural microbiology, and innovative digital technologies, Indigo Ag helps farmers make farming more sustainable to combat climate change and protect the environment. Our grain, carbon, and transportation marketplaces enable farmers to profit from those sustainable choices.About this role:
As an engineer on the Carbon Team you will:
- Drive architectural changes to enable more efficient, resilient, testable, and maintainable data models.
- Identify gaps and build tools that scale up current data pipelines.
- Collaborate across Engineering, Science, Product, and Policy to improve product quality, performance, and reliability as we scale up.
- Provide detailed and constructive design and code reviews, and mentor fellow engineers.
- You have experience developing in Python.
- You have experience working with data models and building robust data pipelines.
- You have deep knowledge of software engineering and system design best practices.
- You are a fast learner and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You are a self-starter, self-disciplined engineer, who is collaborative and able to communicate with other teams of engineers and non-engineers.
- You enjoy mentoring others and sharing your knowledge.
- You have a degree in a Scientific or Engineering field, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience working with scientists or working in a research environment is a plus.
We’re building the technology to feed the world and fight climate change. We believe that through teamwork we can achieve more to benefit all of agriculture: from farmers to consumers to the planet.
Game changers don't fit in a box. The requirements listed above are examples of what we think enables success in this role, but we recognize the impossibility of fully capturing a singularly perfect description, and we believe in the power of diversified and creative displays of skills and qualifications. We embrace the unconventional. We embrace creativity. We embrace a challenge to the status quo. If the specifications in the list above aren’t an exact match… great! Apply, be you, and be proud that you aren’t ordinary (we certainly aren’t!).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Benefits:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Generous time off
- Parental leave
- A remote-first organization with flexible work hours
- Commuter benefits
- 401(k) plan
- Competitive compensation including stock options