Sr. Software Engineer
Nuance Communications, Inc. is the pioneer and leader in conversational AI innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. The company delivers solutions that understand, analyze and respond to human language, amplifying human intelligence. With decades of domain and artificial intelligence expertise, Nuance works with thousands of organizations – in healthcare, telecommunications, automotive, financial services, retail, and more – to create stronger relationships and better experiences for their customers.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients
The Sr. Software Engineer will work with a team of Software Engineers, QA, and other stakeholders in providing engineering support to field escalations for the Dragon Medical product line. The candidate will be self-motivated and work on multiple deliverables with dynamic schedules in an agile software development process.
- Design, code, and test application components in complex computer systems
- Document technical designs and program logic
- Write complete and detailed unit and integration tests
- Participate in functional and technical reviews
- Assist in identifying process improvements and application enhancements
- Handle multiple responsibilities with rapidly changing priorities and deadlines
- Work effectively with a distributed team in multiple geographic locations and time zones
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio creating multi-tier applications using C#
- Excellent English communication skills (written, oral, listening)
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Excellent technical, analytical, debugging and problem solving skills
- Agile development methodologies including SCRUM
- Experience with server infrastructure and networking technologies
- Experience with virtual environments like VMWare & Citrix
- Experience with Healthcare and electronic medical records systems
- Experience with Speech Recognition Software a plus
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.