Chewy is looking for a Senior Mobile Developer to join our Native Android Mobile Apps Team based in Bellevue, WA or Boston, MA. The ideal candidate succeeds in a fast-paced environment, is self-motivated, and has a passion for both the business and the technology. You have experience in either iOS or Android native development (or both!). You work independently but understand the importance of teamwork and mentorship. You need to be comfortable contributing to every aspect of shipping a consumer app - whether that's testing, development, or improving build scripts. We pride ourselves on the Chewy culture and are looking for teammates who value collaboration, innovative problem solving, and quality products so that we can continue to provide the best possible experience for our loyal Chewy customers.
What You'll Do
- Lead technically and contribute to the Chewy.com native Kotlin/Swift Android ecommerce app.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, architect, and ship new features.
- Leverage modern architectural patterns, third party libraries, and Kotlin/Swift to deliver new features.
- Drive architectural decisions and improvements to core internal Android and iOS libraries.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new mobile technologies.
- Work with outside data sources and APIs (gRPC & REST).
What You'll Need
- To have worked on consumer facing mobile apps as a technical lead or senior individual contributor.
- A strong grasp on the development, testing, and release lifecycles of mobile apps.
- The ability to clearly and effectively communicate ideas in a team environment.
- Intimate familiarity with SDK, testing frameworks, and build tooling.
- Experience with Dependency Injection, modern architectural patterns, and Android best practices.
- Passionate about learning and building with the latest and greatest in Android.
- Working knowledge of the mobile landscape, architectural patterns, trends, and emerging technologies.
- A sound understanding of Git, branching strategies, pull requests, and continuous integration.
- Work well in a distributed team environment.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected]