Sr. Security Systems Engineer at Nuance
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
As part of the Nuance Global Research & Development HPC Engineering Team, this position will be responsible for designing, implementing, and improving security solutions & integrations across the GR&D organization. This engineer will join a team focused on the architecture and operations of global high-performance compute infrastructure, including cloud deployments, focused on maintaining and enhancing Nuance’s global security and privacy programs.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Will work with Nuance divisions which support Nuance Research platforms in large scale and cloud-centric environments, and will be responsible for the design and implementation of security services as well as participation as a contributor to security architecture
- Provide security expertise to internal clients on topics ranging from security architecture, hardening, monitoring, incident detection, and response, as well as gap analysis for security improvements and critical controls
- Act as a subject matter expert on cloud security, designing controls for hosted research environments ranging from IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS
- Participate in the review and/or evaluation of information security products and/or services
Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing
Knowledge, skills and qualifications
Education: Bachelor/Master’s degree in Business, Communications, or Technology discipline, MBA a plus
Years of Experience: 5+ years experience in technology program management or project consulting in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, working with mid- and senior-level global leaders in the organization.
- Systems Engineering Background or experience working with R&D engineering teams
- Solid operating system security skills with a focus on Linux environments, as well as network security concepts
- Experience with securing environments on one or many of the major cloud providers
- Ability to work effectively and contribute within a team environment & agile workflows
- Experience with security-related technical tools and processes is required
- A proven track record of integrating different systems together to achieve security goals
- Previous experience in the HealthCare industry and/or with HPC Research Environments
- Bachelor’s degree in business, law, information management or computer science desired
- Security and privacy certification, such as OSCP and SANS
- HIPAA, CSC CIS20, NIST 800, SOC II and HITRUST experience is a definite advantage
- Technology or IT leadership, preferably in a project or program management role
- Efficiency with at least one scripting language
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communications, Inc. (“Nuance”) is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.