Sr. Principal Site Reliability Engineer at Nuance
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Check out our team Life at Nuance!
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Nuance's Healthcare R&D division is driving product deployment to excellence and product quality through a software-defined approach to operations and infrastructure. We are currently looking to hire an experienced Cloud Architecture Sr. Principal Site Reliability Engineer who will focus on the Infrastructure and Architecture and run high quality SaaS products. You will be part of a dynamic team, working within the Diagnostics R&D organization to build out a state-of-the-art cloud infrastructure for our cutting-edge Diagnostics products and services.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, build and maintain our infrastructure as code on large scale multi-site deployments
- Come up with new ways to scale our platform further
- Automate workflows to help pushing the limit of the infrastructure
- Troubleshoot issues until root causes are understood on high traffic production systems
- Participate in design and code review processes
- Provide technical guidance and leadership to SRE organization
- Manage users’ expectations and enforce best practices
- Interact with product owners to coordinate infrastructure changes
- Be responsible for identifying bottlenecks and improving performance of our infrastructure
- Choose, deploy and manage tools and technologies to build and support a robust infrastructure (Monitoring/Deployment/self-healing)
- Be part of the team building and maintaining our kubernetes infrastructure on-premise and in the cloud
- Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing
Education: BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Systems Engineering, IT Systems or commensurate experience (10+ years)
Minimum Years of Experience: 10+
- 8+ years of experience working in Operations, DevOps, or Site Reliability Engineering
- Configuration / package management experience: Terraform, Helm
- Cloud experience - ideally Azure, consider GCP
- Exceptionally proficient (knowledge and work experience) in Linux
- Expertise in CI/CD and operations
- Ability to assist with GitLab CI pipelines (build/promote artifacts and security scans)
- Excellent Knowledge and hands on experience with Kubernetes, docker and other Cloud Native technologies
- Have created automation using APIs from Azure or Google Cloud
- Experience with Cloud service monitoring (involving Prometheus for example)
- Monitoring: Grafana, FluentD, ElasticStack, Prometheus, SumoLogic
- Able to take direction and then deliver work autonomously
- Influence the people and processes to a great maturity
- AKS, Envoy, Ambassador, Harness
- Storage: Rook, Azure File/Disk/Blob, Min.io, NetApp
- Clouds: Azure, GCP
- Linux: Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS,
- Windows experience
- Communication: MSTeams
- Comfortable working remotely with people in other geographic regions
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.