Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Check out our team Life at Nuance!
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
The Mobile Software Engineer will help design and develop mobile platforms for exchanging data from many sources of health information by integrating with backend APIs. This data will need to be unified across the clinical continuum for Nuance customers.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, code, test, develop and document mobile application programs for complex workflows
- Maintain current React Native, Objective-C & Java mobile code bases
- Document technical designs/solutions and program logic
- Troubleshoot customer issues with the team
- Maintain project status documentation
- Participate in functional and technical reviews
- Work closely with UX designers, Production Managers and other developers
- Assist in identifying process improvements and application enhancements
- Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for secure
Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field
Minimum years of experience: 4+ years of mobile programming experience (mix of iOS and Android)
- Proficient in React Native development
- Strong development experience in both native iOS and Android
- Experience with native build tools like XCode and Android Studio
- Experience integrating mobile apps with APIs and Web Services
- Experience with XML, JSON, and related formats
- Experience with SDLC
- Experience with Scrum
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities with rapidly changing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to work independently
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Familarity with Swift and / or Kotlin is a plus and is our direction when React Native is not possible
- Familarity with AngularJS is a plus
- Full stack experience is a plus
- Experience in the healthcare industry is a bonus
- Familiarity with JIRA, Confluence, Git or similar tools
- Experience collaborating with teams across multiple geographic locations and time zones
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.