No one knows the road like Agero. For over 40 years, we have provided the safest, smartest solutions for drivers and the companies that keep them moving.
As a result, we have become an industry leader, providing vehicle manufacturers and insurance carriers with privately labeled state-of-the-art roadside assistance plans and efficient claims management solutions. Our Roadside Assistance network protects more than 75 million drivers each year, providing award-winning service that helps motorists in their time of need while building customer loyalty for our clients.
Headquartered in Medford, MA with operations throughout North America, we are trusted by more than 100 leading corporations and used by 75% of the new passenger vehicles sold in the U.S. As a result, we have more information about cars and drivers than any other company. We use that data to continually enrich our solutions, maximizing our customers' opportunities while minimizing driver distraction.
Lead of team of software engineers responsible for the development and maintenance of the financial systems. Assist with the goal setting of the engineering team and Implement planning activities that ensure goals will be met. Develops an outstanding organization through good organizational structure, development of employee’s capabilities, creative motivational programs and building positive working relationships. Directs and coordinates development and engineering activities of the technology group.
Key Role Outcomes:
- Build and invest in key relationships across the Agero technical and business teams
- Learn and internalize current state of Agero's Enterprise ERP and quickly become a SME
About the day to day:
- Hands on management of the financial systems engineering team for the delivery of Billing, Accounting, AP/AR, Vendor Payments systems.
- Define the next cloud strategy for the Financial systems and migrate the financial systems from the on-premise deployment to the cloud.
- Define and Implement the high availability and disaster recovery architecture and strategy to monitor the entire financial systems stack.
- Develop engineering systems best practices; recommend and develop plans for systems development and operations
- Review the integration architecture and define the integration strategy for the financials systems as we migrate the financials systems to the cloud.
- Review the existing security implementation and work with the security operations team and architecture team to define the security roadmap for the financial systems. Create a plan to implement the security strategy.
- Work with a cross functional team from Financial Operations, Sales, Client Services, architecture and engineering teams to prioritize requests, plan sprints and manage the development, unit testing and rollout of the requests.
- Evaluate talent and create a development plan for the financial systems engineering team.
Education, Experience and Attributes:
- 8+ years relevant experience,
- 5 years of increasingly responsible management or project management experience.
- Demonstrated experience managing 24x7 information systems and/or technical operations servicing multiple customers.
- Experience with Oracle Financials or any other financial systems
- Experience with Oracle Fusion Middleware (Oracle SOA Suite and Oracle Service Bus) or similar technologies.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or Oracle Cloud.
- Sound knowledge of engineering best practices, trends, new tools, and techniques
- Experience with agile product development processes and project management
- Experience managing a team of developers that include engineers with Oracle PL/SQL, Oracle Database, C#, Kinesis and Python skills.
- Experience with mentoring software engineering teams.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Required to wear a pager and be available 24 x 7 to support operations.
THIS DESCRIPTION IS NOT INTENDED TO BE A COMPLETE STATEMENT OF JOB CONTENT, RATHER TO ACT AS A GUIDE TO THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED. MANAGEMENT RETAINS THE DISCRETION TO ADD TO OR CHANGE THE DUTIES OF THE POSITION AT ANY TIME.