We’re on a mission to free our customers to see the invisible and achieve the impossible. We unlock the value of distributed data by making it fast and easy to access, no matter where it lives. With Starburst, teams can lower the total cost of their infrastructure and analytics investments, prevent vendor lock-in, and use the existing tools that work for their business. Today more than 150 leading organizations trust us to make better decisions faster.
Though Starburst has achieved a unicorn status and raised $164M in venture funding from top investors, we were founded in a rather unusual way with customers and revenue from the very beginning! We operate globally in 10 countries and are proud to be named a Best Place to Work. Come join our team of All-Stars!
About the role
Starburst is looking for a Sr. Cloud Engineer to join our team. As a cloud engineer you’ll be designing and developing the infrastructure and software for Starburst Enterprise products, including Starburst Trino on Kubernetes solution, and our Starburst Trino cloud solutions on AWS, Azure, and GCP.
- Design: Design and develop infrastructure and software for Starburst products, using the latest and greatest proven technologies and techniques from the Cloud Native ecosystem
- Develop: Develop testing infrastructure and testing across the various product integrations
- Contribute to the development of the Starburst Trino on Kubernetes solution
- Implement core pieces of our AWS, Azure, and GCP infrastructure and billing solutions
- Test: Implement test automation, design and write tests, and contribute to ongoing automation infrastructure development
- Collaborate: Collaborate with teams globally across multiple time zones and operate in an Agile development environment
- Extensive experience as a Software Engineer or DevOps Engineer
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with developing and operating infrastructure on public cloud providers (AWS, Azure, and/or Google Cloud Platform)
- Experience working on SaaS products, with Service Oriented Architectures or Microservices
- Experience with production operations at scale
- Broad knowledge of the Cloud Native ecosystem solutions (Ingress Controllers, Container Networking, Prometheus, Service Meshes, Logging, Tracing, etc)
- Proficient with various programming languages such as Python/Go/Java for automation
- Strong comprehension of REST API's and an "API First" mindset
- Experience with Hadoop, Spark, Trino
- Experience with HashiCorp tools (Terraform, Vault)
- Experience with modern CI/CD patterns and solutions, such as Argo or Spinnaker
- Experience with BigData processing tools / analytical engines
- Knowledge of the JVM ecosystem (running, debugging)
- Knowledge of distributed systems design, implementation and testing
At Starburst, we’re constantly striving towards building a place where people come first by creating an environment of transparency, honesty, and respect. We take care of our global workforce by making sure employees enjoy competitive salaries and attractive stock grants, remote-friendly work options, access to quality and affordable insurance, and flexible and generous paid time off to start a family, travel, or just relax!
Headquartered in Boston MA with offices in Warsaw and London and employees across Europe and the Americas, we are committed to hiring where the talent is.
Starburst provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.