Splunk Engineer at Chewy (Greater Boston Area, MA)
Elastic Stack Platform Engineer
The IT Systems Intelligence team is responsible for supporting the enterprise logging platforms and services that assist teams with discovering innovations, efficiencies, and system issues. We’re looking for an Elastic Stack Platform Engineer to build and maintain a reliable and scalable Elastic Stack from the ground up. We are looking for someone who has excellent technical skills, has experience building reliable and scalable solutions, and has a strong passion for driving insights with data. Most importantly, we are looking for a candidate that is deeply passionate about data and looking to grow their career in a fast-growing and fast-paced dynamic environment. In this role, you will have the opportunity to get your hands dirty using cutting-edge technologies, own and manage the Elastic Stack, provide top-tier user support, and establish and promote best practices to the internal data community.
What You’ll Do:
- Administer, engineer, and deploy an Elastic Stack from data collection to analysis and visualization (ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana, Beats, X-pack, FluentD, etc.)
- Work with teams to gather requirements, research, evaluate, design, plan, deploy, and support the Elastic Stack
- Build highly resilient, high-performance, scalable, and flexible systems
- Own the installation, configuration, administration, support, and maintenance of systems, including associated hardware. Duties may include updating to new versions, as well as support our current systems by tuning performance
- Influences development of solutions that impact strategic project/program goals and business results
- Recommends and develops new technical solutions, products, and/or standards in support of function’s strategy and operations
- Develop end-user content such as dashboards and alerts, and create and maintain indexes
- Design, build, deploy and support custom tools, scripts and integrations that provide systemic automation to tasks that need to be performed on top of the logging infrastructure
- Educate the internal data community to evangelize the platform and best practices
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years’ experience designing, building, and configuring an Elastic Stack
- Strong experience in using ElasticSearch Indices, ElasticSearch APIs, Kibana Dashboards, Logstash and Beats
- Experience fine-tuning of bulk indexing and querying
- Experience in designing & data modeling, bulk indexing & Search APIs in ElasticSearch
- Experience in using ElasticSearch Cluster Monitoring Tools (Marvel)
- Experience with DevOps tools (Ansible, Git, Terraform, etc.)
- Strong experience with content visualization in the Elastic Stack, including Dashboard, Canvas, Monitoring alert, and role configuration.
- Experience in integrating with enterprise tools and APIs (authentication, etc.)
- Experience with automation and driving real-time monitoring solutions that provide visibility into cluster health and key performance indicators
- Technical understanding of core logging and monitoring architecture
- Ability to work across teams to continuously analyze system performance in production, troubleshoot consumer and engineering reported issues, and proactively identify areas in need of optimization
- Passionate about driving insights with data
Preferred knowledge and experience:
- Python development
- Linux administration
- Familiarity with messaging and streaming platforms, such as Pulsar, Nifi, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with AWS or other Cloud technologies
- Experience with operating systems and hardware tuning for optimal performance
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected].