Software Engineering Manager, Site Reliability at DraftKings
Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 10:12 a.m. (EST) on Thursday, July 16, 2020
DraftKings Inc. (Nasdaq: DKNG) is a digital sports entertainment and gaming company. It’s simple, at DraftKings, we believe life’s more alive with skin in the game. For that reason, we’re committed to responsibly creating the world’s favorite games and betting experiences. Headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices around the globe, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do, and think you will too.
Building the possibilities.
We’re growing rapidly. As a Site Reliability Manager, you will help us continue running our applications smoothly as our business scales. DraftKings solves some of the most interesting challenges in the tech industry, and when you join our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see your ideas and solutions directly impact our products.
What you’ll do as a Software Engineering Manager, Site Reliability:
- Create self-provisioning infrastructure using tools like Chef, Terraform, and Docker
- Define key metrics and SLAs around new web services being created to support our rapid traffic growth
- You will design and implement monitoring and alerting strategies to enforce application SLAs
- Create platform-as-a-service environments where entire subsets of our architecture can be created and destroyed cleanly and reliably
- You will also foster a continuous deployment ecosystem that will allow DraftKings to operate at a massive scale
What skills you will use:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical major is preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of experience managing teams, with the ability to grow engineers through skills mentoring and career-path guidance, in distributed software development is required
- A minimum of 1 year of relational database experience is required
- Deep understanding of common scripting languages is required. Powershell is a plus
- Strong knowledge of OOP and/or REST design principles is required
- Demonstrated experience creatively solving challenges and delivering tools and creating processes that are valued by other engineering teams is required
- Experience working with at least one object-oriented language
- Experience with Amazon Web Services is preferred
- Working knowledge of networking and web concepts and ability to debug issues down to the packets
- Experience with distributed systems and the challenges with operating them as they scale
- Extensive experience with cloud environments and/or provisioning automation is required
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
As a technology company at our core, DraftKings believes that the best innovation comes from diverse perspectives, thoughts, beliefs, ideas, and experiences. We consistently push boundaries and challenge the conventional to ensure our culture and products reflect the expectations of our employees, and the customers we serve.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.
You may be required to become licensed through applicable regulatory agencies.
Read Full Job Description