Software Engineer at Chewy
Chewy is seeking a talented and motivated Software Engineer to join our team in Bellevue, WA or Boston, MA. As a Software Engineer, you will design and build new services and frameworks that will power new product features across Chewy.com. This is an opportunity to be one of the founding engineers of a new team challenged with delivering a greenfield project that will wow our customers and deliver on our mission to be the most trusted and convenient online destination for pet parents (and partners), everywhere.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, develop, and implement large scale distributed systems that process and serve large volumes of data.
- Hold a high bar for the quality of the architecture and design of systems.
- Drive innovation through rapid prototyping and iterative development.
- Decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions that operationally scale and are easily maintained.
- Instill engineering excellence in the team and have the drive to focus on scalability, resiliency, high availability and performance of applications.
- Foster a strong engineering team culture and be a key contributor in raising the bar of the engineering org.
- Generate and analyze engineering metrics to inform leadership and make data driven decisions.
- Exhibit excellent verbal and written communication and convey dissenting opinions in a constructive manner.
- Contribute intellectual property through patents.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related field.
- 3+ years of industry experience.
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills.
- Strong computer science fundamentals (OO/functional design, data structures & algorithms)
- Proficiency in Java, Kotlin, or another modern programming language.
- Proficiency in system-level design – microservices and service oriented architecture at scale.
- Experience developing software in an agile environment with CI/CD.
- Expert understanding how to build and scale applications in the cloud (AWS) with a focus on devops.
- Position may require occasional travel.
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience taking a project from inception through launch. Includes influencing the vision, communicating with leadership, stakeholders, and technical teams to disambiguate requirements, describe software product features, and produce technical design documents.
- Experience with full-stack application development, partnering with UX design and an understanding of modern front-end design patterns and frameworks, such as React.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected]