Who is Interactions?
Interactions, LLC is the world’s largest independent AI company. We operate at the intersection of customer experience and AI – two of today’s most innovative and dynamic industries. Since 2004, we’ve helped leading companies like MetLife, Citi, Shutterfly, and LifeLock have millions of successful conversations, resulting in saving operational cost and increasing productivity.
Interactions’ 5-year vision is to accelerate a transition from today’s frustrating and uninspired customer service experiences into amazing conversational engagements! Allowing customers to communicate in their own words and on their channel of choice, to accomplish tasks, all without having to go through an agent. In doing this via our conversational AI engine, our customers benefit from dramatically improved customer experience and increased customer engagement, while also saving significant and demonstrable operational expenses.
As a member of one of our Technology teams, you will contribute to building solutions that use natural language processing, cognitive computing, and artificial intelligence applications or the frameworks and infrastructure that support them.
The Software Engineer plays a key role in designing and implementing components and features of the Core platform. The Software Engineer works in close collaboration with QA, DevOps, Product Owners, Professional Services, and in some cases third party software vendors.
Development and continuous improvement of the spoken conversation processing platform
Essential Job Functions*:
- Software product development in an agile framework; apply skills in Python, C++, and Linux to product development, and to prototyping new features and technologies.
- Customer technical support.
- Identifying, specifying and/or prototyping new functionality, and generally devising innovative solutions to customer problems, through collaboration - with team members, with other Interactions R&D personnel, with Interactions product management, and with customers.
- Learn and use new tools and technologies.
- Support QA by contributing to test suites (regression, load, performance, etc.), and contributing to automated test frameworks.
Preparation, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- B.S. or equivalent, in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- A minimum of 2 years work experience in software development.
- Strong development background in Python and C++ in a linux environment.
- Experience with one or more of the following: real-time systems, event-driven systems, VoIP protocols (SIP, RTP), audio processing, data engineering.
- Proactive, independent problem solver; addresses complex challenges with both focus and curiosity.
- Experience with any of the following is a plus: machine learning, natural language processing, speech recognition .
Ability to demonstrate Interactions Values of:
○ Being passionate about customer service
○ Obsessing with our customer’s success
○ Respecting each other
○ Creating opportunity
○ Embracing disruption
○ Doing what we say we will do
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Up to 10% travel may be required.
- General office environment. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within the office environment, with standard office equipment available.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit or stand for long periods, use hands and fingers for typing and to handle computer controls. Heavy phone and computer usage is required for this position.
Why Work at Interactions?
We've created a culture of people who are dedicated to helping each other and the company succeed. We take time to celebrate wins and recognize accomplishments. Whether it’s a seasonal event or friendly competition, we’re always thinking of new ways to have fun.
Our team's health and well-being is important to us. In addition to a full suite of benefits, we offer 5 weeks of time off with pay, 401k matching, paid parental leave and flexible work schedules. We are all committed to the company’s success by being valued shareowners and are incentivized through individual performance and company results. Come join us!
Interactions is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, marital status, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.