Software Engineer at Evolv Technology
We are looking for a Software Engineer with an Electrical Engineering background to play a key role developing innovative software involving a mesh of diverse sensory devices (audio, video and HF), distributed intelligence (CPUs), initially on Windows, but moving toward Linux and RTOS. Our products include an advanced sensory hardware platform (personnel scanners) w/Android tablet GUIs, facial recognition systems and cloud-based Digital Intelligence platform. The Software Engineer reports to our Software Director, and joins our team of software, hardware and algorithm engineers to develop quality products in Evolv’s positive, energetic and collaborative environment. The ideal candidate understands data acquisition and signal processing, can navigate PCBs, and is a keen troubleshooter of system hardware and software problems. This position will help grow our embedded systems programming team and allow the candidate to work with some of the top engineers in New England.
You are an experienced Software Engineer who enjoys diving into challenging problems close to the hardware on complex advanced sensory embedded platform. You have a proven track record with both hands-on debugging as well as designing and implementing software in a CI/CD (DevOps) environment. You thrive on a small team, bringing versatility and flexibility to solutions across multiple technologies, for both new software releases and for issues found at customer sites. You enjoy a fast-paced agile environment and have been part of full development lifecycles for at least two complex products. Prior start-up experience is desirable.
The following skills are required:
- BS in Electrical or Computer Engineering (Electrical preferred)
- Excellent C, C++ coder with 5+ years experience developing high-quality, high-performance software applications running under Windows or Linux environments
- Hands-on experience with computer science fundamentals including algorithms, data structures, operating systems, design patterns, and microprocessor architectures
- Experience writing software close to hardware including device drivers, BSP, and kernel level programming
- Experience in data path handling, low-level chip programming
- Experience with software development tools such as source-level debuggers, logic analyzers, code analysis tools, etc.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, analytical skills, and technical troubleshooting skills
- Can do attitude, inherent drive working in a high paced, team-oriented environment, managing multiple priorities and working with remote team members
These skills are a plus:
- Understanding of networking, TCP/IP protocol, cyber security, forwarding, control and management plane software a strong plus
- Experience with advanced multiprocessor systems, DSP, GPU and network processors
- Experience with C#, .NET, WPF
- Familiarity with MATLAB
- Familiarity with AWS services, database and cloud technologies
- Experience with mm-wave imaging, magnetic field sensing, digital signal processing and/or image processing
If you want to solve one of the most difficult issues of our time and save lives doing it, you want to work at Evolv. We are passionate, knowing that what we do and how we do it can affect life or death situations for our customers. At Evolv, you will have unparalleled exposure to all aspects of our business, working with a talented team of researchers, engineers, and manufacturing executives who share our vision for a safer world. If you are inspired by invention and gain satisfaction from seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture, Evolv will be a great fit.
- Equity is an important component of every compensation package
- Flexible work environment
- Unique culture
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Unlimited vacation policy
- $300 per quarter to spend on the perks that are most meaningful to you
- Fully stocked kitchen with free food & drinks